The Reviews/Interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Oct 02, 2014, 10:36:46 PM

Author
The Reviews/Interviews Thread (Read 107,737 times)

Hudson

Hudson

That's hilarious.

Taxemic

Taxemic

Quote from: Hudson on Oct 14, 2014, 11:57:30 PM
That's hilarious.

Enjoying the game Hudson? I know you got it a bit later.

Hudson

Hudson

I have not had the chance to play it much honestly, being a student and working part time. All I've done so far is beat both of the DLCs and then played up to the point in the story where you first have to deal with the androids, the end of which I spent trying to sprint by them to get to a save point.

It's a tense game and I enjoy the gameplay based off of what I've experienced so far, but I don't really feel like I'm in the meat of the story yet.

Taxemic

Taxemic

Indeed. Lots to look forward to. I'm enjoying Survivor atm. Dying alot. But enjoying it.

Hudson

Hudson

Quote from: Taxemic on Oct 15, 2014, 03:25:14 PM
Indeed. Lots to look forward to. I'm enjoying Survivor atm. Dying alot. But enjoying it.

On the constant dying: The first time I put the game in I played Crew Expendable and died 2 or 3 times in 10 minutes or so. Then I realized there weren't any save points. I loved every second of it.

Taxemic

Taxemic

Quote from: Hudson on Oct 15, 2014, 03:30:14 PM

On the constant dying: The first time I put the game in I played Crew Expendable and died 2 or 3 times in 10 minutes or so. Then I realized there weren't any save points. I loved every second of it.

The whole section in the vents when Lambert starts saying "It's coming towards you" I was so on edge. Really good fun.

Hudson

Hudson

Quote from: Taxemic on Oct 15, 2014, 03:38:01 PM
Quote from: Hudson on Oct 15, 2014, 03:30:14 PM

The whole section in the vents when Lambert starts saying "It's coming towards you" I was so on edge. Really good fun.

The gameplay during that part is actually really well thought out and tense. The vents are a little basic looking, but it works. When you hear that thing in there, and Lambert's voice. They did a good job on that part. Maybe not so much the beginning or the ending.

stroggificated

stroggificated

I'm a little baffled at the reviews of two big magazines in my country. While i was sure it would be a safe 80%, one of them even gave it only 69%.

The Alien would be too unfair, bullets can't hurt it and so on. I don't know, maybe it's because i'm a fan, only played it on medium or they just suck at stealth games, but my frustration always stayed at minimum.
Also there were complaints about androids noticing you, though they turned their backs on you. Never happened to me. Either their test version was flawed yet, or they didn't even notice that they have to sneak - and not to walk. 
Oh well...  ???

edit:
Oh, the other one turned it from 73% to 80% now.
The reviewer admitted that he took a wrong approach on the game, after listening to reader comments and his workmates.
I kinda thought as much. Good for him that he noticed it's not CoD and it's suddenly more fun lol

Randomizer

Randomizer

Are there any reviews of the game on the X360 or PS3?

newbeing

newbeing

newbeing

avp.bhs

avp.bhs

Hi everyone BHS here, i made my first Live Stream on Alien: Isolation i hope you guys will enjoy it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8y2N83Rwyo
I'm french but i speak english! Thanks for watching  :)

gabgrave

gabgrave

IGN second take at reviewing A:I, calls it Bravest Game of 2014
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/23/alien-isolation-is-the-bravest-game-of-2014

newbeing

newbeing

Quote from: gabgrave on Nov 24, 2014, 04:33:59 AM
IGN second take at reviewing A:I, calls it Bravest Game of 2014
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/23/alien-isolation-is-the-bravest-game-of-2014

Somewhat too little too late.
Kind of makes me wish more review sites had second opinions because I really feel IGN's 5.9 score hurt Alien: Isolation's sales.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed