The Reviews/Interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Oct 02, 2014, 10:36:46 PM

Author
The Reviews/Interviews Thread (Read 107,726 times)

Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest

Just one more long night if sleep then I can spend all of tomorrow waiting for midnight to come and play the game.

I wonder why Metacritic hasn't added the few newer reviews to the site.

thecaffeinatedone

thecaffeinatedone

I imagine when the game is released all the other reviews will be calculated and added.

Adam802

Adam802

I hope it can get above an 80 on metacritic.

Predatorium

Predatorium

Luetin's review. Very objective and good:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJoASxrs0Es

Taxemic

Taxemic

Any major spoilers in the above review?

Seegson

Seegson

Quote from: Taxemic on Oct 06, 2014, 09:32:08 AM
Any major spoilers in the above review?

Nop, dont worry

Quote from: Adam802 on Oct 06, 2014, 02:27:38 AM
I hope it can get above an 80 on metacritic.

Every mixed or bad review its on metacritic, but there are some excelent reviews (90' - 85') i cant found there. Gamesradar is one of them
http://www.gamesradar.com/alien-isolation-review/

Sinister

Sinister

I think the nature of the game is such that those who like to be more in control and have straight up action will probably not take to the game very well. I think it's just one of those games that may get less positive/average reviews from those who are not into this type of pure survival horror where your character is constantly on the back foot every inch of the way trying to (barely) survive - not to mention lots of dying and re-trying particular stretches of the game.

I think if the game averages out on a nice fat 80/100 (or 8/10 whichever you prefer) they can give themselves a pretty hearty thumbs up. If it averages anything close to or around 85/100...i'd say job very well accomplished.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Watchful Xeno on Oct 06, 2014, 01:30:32 AM
Just one more long night if sleep then I can spend all of tomorrow waiting for midnight to come and play the game.

The game unlocks in 1 hour I believe. (if not 1, its 2 max)

Randomizer

Randomizer

5 hours remaining ....  ;D

I wonder tough , will the game launch at the same time in the USA and Europe? 

SuicideDoors

SuicideDoors

Sitting solidly on 80 on metacritic. IGN still leading the way with the poorest review. Over a handful of 9/10+ reviews now.

Hudson

Hudson

Quote from: Predatorium on Oct 06, 2014, 08:50:40 AM
Luetin's review. Very objective and good:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJoASxrs0Es

That was a really nice review, not sounding pre-recorded like so many others. Glad to hear him describing the difficulty itself as the experience.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

They are getting thrashed in their comments. They still don't get it there, either.

Hudson

Hudson

I love the shameless pandering and self-defense.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed