User Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fan Reviews  (Read 28238 times)

esz
Dec 19, 2015, 02:37:53 PM
Reply #165 on: Dec 19, 2015, 02:37:53 PM
Q
Playing it a year after the inital playthrough. Still excited, still scared sh*tless. It's so near perfection that all the flaws just don't matter for me. I'd give it a 11/10. It's a dream come true.

I love how natural is fear of the alien in this game. I - my brain, my body - react how I would when facing a real creature. The feel of helplessness, the fear for my life is so intense and real. It's a game that made the alien scary again, after it became a cliche; a monster I know all too well and am not afraid of.

What I don't like is the ending. They were too sure they'd get to make a sequel. The game is so good it seemed obvious, but sometimes sh*t happens. I blame ACM and Randy "The Liar" Pitchford.

If they don't make a sequel, they should make a comic, a DLC or whatever just resolving the plot. Even a patch with a longer cutscene: salvage crew finds Rip, they take her on board, "What the hell happened here?"; "You wouldn't believe". The end. Two more minutes and the game gets even better.

Corporal Hicks
Feb 06, 2016, 04:34:21 PM
Reply #166 on: Feb 06, 2016, 04:34:21 PM
Q
Just had an hour or so on this. Took me a little time to get back into the swing of it, just kept getting punished. I still love this game so much. I feel spoiled by it.

426Buddy
Feb 08, 2016, 12:44:51 AM
Reply #167 on: Feb 08, 2016, 12:44:51 AM
Q
Just started playing again, this will be my second playthrough, on hard this time. I love this game, I wish I had it as a kid, as a fan its a dream come true. Probably my favorite alien game besides avp pc.

NickisSmart
Feb 08, 2016, 01:33:46 AM
Reply #168 on: Feb 08, 2016, 01:33:46 AM
Q
Awesome! Yeah, I loved AVP PC, back in the day. This game is fun to revisit, but the starting portions, while nicely presented, make me want to just jump into the game and skip to the alien.

SamuelDL
Nov 17, 2016, 06:16:51 AM
Reply #169 on: Nov 17, 2016, 06:16:51 AM
Q
I'm playing it for the third time and it's a damn wonder. An almost perfect adaptation of the first film in essence. It has been done with astonishing care: the recreation of the Xenomorph, the retrofuturist environment, the incorporation of the Joes, the respect for Alien and Aliens... It gives the feeling of being a game made by fans for fans. I consider it totally indispensable, whether you like it or not the franchise.

BA79
Nov 30, 2016, 09:45:31 PM
Reply #170 on: Nov 30, 2016, 09:45:31 PM
Q
I have gone through Alien: Isolation once on Xbox 360. I have now returned to the game for a second time on Xbox One. The game is likely one of the most nerve-fraying experiences of my life, but I could not turn away from it! It is unbelievable that game designers can turn 1s and 0s into this detailed and terror - inducing masterpiece.
     My reasoning for coming back for more sweaty palm gaming is an update I only heard about a week ago. The game now has a novice mode. This is enabling me to explore and appreciate what the wizards who made this game created. Since I am not hiding in a locker or getting eaten for the 50th time over and over, I can take it in a little more.
     The game is true terror. The Sevestapol station's interior is a haunting reminder of The Nostromo in Alien. The level of attention to detail is astounding. You are there with Ripley, and you better pee before you start playing. Shadows and partial darkness are everywhere, but it doesn't limit game play like the console AVP that came before ACM. The sound and lighting effects cause as much near panic as the alien itself! You will live moments like Ellen Ripley's Nostromo escape many times. The distinct alarms you hear more than once...that match the alarms from the end of Alien...really made my heart rate go up.
     The game is rediculously difficult. Of that there is no doubt. Before the novice (and nightmare. Yes they did) update, you were too busy being scared to death trying to survive to look around. So, those who like games that cause your character's death frequently ...play it on hard or nightmare. For fans who want a decent challenge balanced with a tour of Sevestapol station, novice is a perfect addition that needed to be there. I admit the game was designed to scare the hell out of you, not for laughs or warm feelings.
     If you are an Alien/Aliens fan you need this game. Ignore the games since the PC AVP games. They tarnished the Alien universe for the most part. Alien: Isolation makes up for those poor attempts.

Facebook Twitter Instagram Steam RSS Feed