Fan Reviews

Started by ikarop, Sep 27, 2014, 12:50:11 AM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 111,199 times)

Dark Blade1

Dark Blade1

it is a very good game and is not that scary but is very fun to play.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Nov 23, 2014, 01:23:01 AM
I myself am holding out until I get a One.

There probably isn't much difference other than the One version likely looks slightly more pretty, but I'm holding out because as much as I'd like to play it now, I don't want to pay $70 for the Xbox 360 version, then pay another $70 when I want to play it on the One since it's now the current generation of consoles.

I say if you're not bothered by such things though than go the 360 route if you want, I know I've been tempted to, it calls out to me and stuff.
The 360 version is actually $10 cheaper than the Xbox one version. Probably true for PS3 vs. ps4.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

So the team won Best Game last night at the O2 Pocket-lint Awards 2014. Very well deserved!

gabgrave

gabgrave

Outstanding. Hoping to see more recognition for this game. It really deserves it.

Taxemic

Taxemic

Shame I can't say the same for the CA staff over on the Isolation forums.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I generally avoid the official sites myself. Is it bad ?

Taxemic

Taxemic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 28, 2014, 12:35:42 PM

The communication or lack of from the CA Staff is awful and when it does happen it's borderline rude. Paid players are getting really angry over there at issues they have with the game. I'm only following for news on an update for 360 which atm seems to be none existent. Very frustrating.

TheSegaMaster

TheSegaMaster

I would say to 100% buy this game if you already have not. I'm playing through it right now and would totally recommend buying it!
If you want to see that this game is worth the money check out my YouTube channel and see if you like the game or not!
Link:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM6MxJLfzWrvFYuGSok-NKQ

windebieste

windebieste

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 28, 2014, 12:35:42 PM

No.  Not too bad.  Maybe a little neglectful, but I don't think it's anything to be concerned about at this stage. 

The way I see it, Sega's previous experience with Gearbox wasn't exactly favourable in terms of public relations.  You've got to realise Pitchford took certain liberties to make announcements not officially granted by the publisher.  He did this a number of times.

I'd be surprised if Sega would permit such liberties to happen a 2nd time, hence the lack of dev participation on the forums.  I'm sure that when it's appropriate, we'll hear via the usual News sources what Sega wants us to know. 

Right now, people on the forum want information on updates.  That's been of great interest to everyone, no doubt.  Of growing concern is any news regarding the next DLC, which some would argue is over due.  Fair call, I'd say to that one, too.   

But Creative Assembly aren't the PR source for the game.  They developed it on behalf of Sega.  Sega are the ones we can expect official announcements from at this stage. 

Just think of Randy Pitchford's empty promises... you wouldn't want another situation like that, huh.  I'm sure that CA wouldn't want that, either. 

-Windebieste.

Alien³

Alien³

Just finished the main campaign.

What can I say other than this: Alien Isolation is a masterpiece of the movie/game hybrid. I really felt like I was within the film's universe from the comfort of my living room. There were moments where I was genuinely scared to leave a locker, or box to try for a doorway, or exit etc. The team behind the game have perfectly captured the look and feeling of Alien, Aliens and Alien 3 and I can't wait to try the Nostromo section and online games.

Seriously one of the greatest games I've ever played.

Just to balance it here are my only two gripes...

Spoiler
I would have liked the design of alien's legs to have been more like the original, I've read the reasons why they're double jointed, but it seems like such a specific thing. I see no in game reason for why the design of the legs couldn't have been as they were in Alien (1979)
[close]

Spoiler
Some moments in the missions felt like they dragged a little, where I would have liked the pacing to pick up.
[close]

...however those gripes are nothing more than blips on the motion-tracker of how amazing this game is.

Score: 10/10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a1zuq37gck

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Just finished Alien: Isolation's main campaign. And I was left with an overall very positive impression.

Playing on the Xbox One btw.

The graphics were very good, surprisingly the graphical limitations that I believed to be annoying were the faces of nearly all the human characters. But I can understand how that happened since you see human faces for MAYBE a half hour total throughout the game.

ONE thing that annoyed story wise was how many times they kept pushing the ending further, luckily I was still able to enjoy it more, though but I felt like this happened about three times when I thought it was finally coming to an end.

The Xenomorph design was perfect and I don't mind the legs being quadrupedal rather than bipedal.

Another minor flaw was some of the voice acting and dialogue. This game rose above and beyond it's predecessors (AvP2010, A:CM) and I'll definitely keep it in my collection as I still have yet to play Survivor mode and Crew Expendable.

I liked how unstoppable and powerful the Xenomorph was, I was hoping there would be a scene where you see a Xenomorph get irritated by a Avg. Joe and just manhandle the thing.

I also liked the mysteriousness behind the eggs and the nest. I subtlety followed ALIENS lore as well as the original as well. I believe the developers even confirmed that a Queen was behind the eggs but was left out completely for obvious reasons (distraction from being a tribute to ALIEN, etc)

I would give this game a strong 8.5/10 and as an addition to the ALIEN saga, a 9/10.

Here's to hoping CA get's to develop further ALIEN(S) games. Maybe even one taking place after ALIEN 3 and ALIEN: RESURRECTION.

vikingr

vikingr

Here comes my little review:

Pros:
- great atmosphere
- awesome graphics and design
- nice (canon-ish) story
- very scary alien with fitting design
- playtime of more then 15 hours
- very innovative gameplay
- replayability through survivor mode
- great but short Alien (the movie) DLCs

Cons:
- crafting is almost useless
- lip synch could be better
- using things like vents is sometimes a bit tricky, especially in stressed situations
- too less story containing DLCs

Conclusion:
I would recommend Alien: Isolation to every adult player. It's such a unbelievable gaming experience. The cons are really small ones, where the pros are the important ones, what makes Alien: Isolation the best game in 2014 for me and of course the best Alien related one of all times.

95%

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

^Which difficulty were you playing on? I played on the hardest difficulty available on my first playthrough and I found myself making Pipe Bombs, Molotovs, EMPs, and Noisemakers consistently through out the game.

vikingr

vikingr

I played on hard and was almost always fully equipment and couldn't take more stuff. What I mean is: I don't need the stuff I built. I used about 10 medikits throughout the whole game, but could have built many many more. I didn't used smoke bombs, pipe bombs or noisemakers. I only used EMPs and molotovs once each.

The stuff should be much more useful imho.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's down the randomness of the game. I'm at a point during my Hard play through where I'm finding I can't build what I want.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed