First Alien: Isolation Screenshots on PS3

Started by ikarop, Sep 28, 2014, 07:05:43 PM

Author
First Alien: Isolation Screenshots on PS3 (Read 32,951 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: St_Eddie on Sep 30, 2014, 03:35:55 PM
I'm torn as to whether I should buy this game for PS3 or PC.  I want to get it for PC ideally (better graphics) but if I do, then I'm concerned about how I would be able to buy the DLC.  Do you guys think that I would need to install Steam to do so?  Because If so, then PS3 it is!

You're going to need Steam in order to activate the game on PC even if you buy the physical version. The Nostromo DLC will most likely be included on the game disc (as was the case with ACM's pre-order DLC incentives). The rest of the forthcoming DLC will probably have to be downloaded from Steam.

The PC version will no doubt be the superior version (as was the case with ACM) so if your PC has the horsepower then definitely go for that version. Steam ain't that bad.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 30, 2014, 04:03:24 PM
Quote from: St_Eddie on Sep 30, 2014, 03:35:55 PM
I'm torn as to whether I should buy this game for PS3 or PC.  I want to get it for PC ideally (better graphics) but if I do, then I'm concerned about how I would be able to buy the DLC.  Do you guys think that I would need to install Steam to do so?  Because If so, then PS3 it is!

You're going to need Steam in order to activate the game on PC even if you buy the physical version. The Nostromo DLC will most likely be included on the game disc (as was the case with ACM's pre-order DLC incentives). The rest of the forthcoming DLC will probably have to be downloaded from Steam.

The PC version will no doubt be the superior version (as was the case with ACM) so if your PC has the horsepower then definitely go for that version. Steam ain't that bad.

Thank you kindly for the speedy response.  If I buy the PC version and use Steam to activate it, do I need an Internet connection to keep playing?  I ask because I don't have an Internet connection at my flat.  I could take my PC to my parents place to activate the game online after an initial install but I need to know whether I'm required to be online every time I boot the game up?

Sorry for the (probably quite) stupid questions but I'm not very knowledgeable about newer technology.

Damn it, those kids are back again my front lawn AGAIN!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Nope, you just need to activate the game once and then you can use Steam's offline mode indefinitely.

If you want to update the game with the latest patch or if you want to re-install the game then you'll of course need to go online again.

St_Eddie

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 30, 2014, 04:17:19 PM
Nope, you just need to activate the game once and then you can use Steam's offline mode indefinitely.

If you want to update the game with the latest patch or if you want to re-install the game then you'll of course need to go online again.

Great, looks like I'll be buying the PC version then (there's a nifty looking steel book on Amazon).

Thanks for the information, you've been most helpful.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

No prob, just make sure to set Steam to "offline mode" before you take your PC back to your flat.

Because ironically enough, you need to be online in order to switch it to offline mode. Fortunately, thereafter it will automatically stay in offline mode even if you switch off or reboot your PC.

Bigticket

Some footage from x360 version. Doesnt look that bad:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr14VuukFak

Randomizer

It looks nice indeed .  :)

Oh , and just saying :

Spoiler
The thread is called "First Alien Isolation Screenshots on PS3
[close]

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: Bigticket on Oct 01, 2014, 02:26:04 PM
Some footage from x360 version. Doesnt look that bad:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr14VuukFak

The first hour of gameplay?

I watched parts of that first hour. No real spoilers. Tutorial/intro stuff. I wasn't even playing and I could FEEL the tension. Loved it.

Hudson

That footage looks fine. If that's it on 360 than PS3 will probably even be a half step up.

Ash 937

The video has been removed.

Does anybody have links to another video or some pics of the 360 version???

Hudson

Quote from: Ash 937 on Oct 01, 2014, 05:55:58 PM
The video has been removed.

Does anybody have links to another video or some pics of the 360 version???

If you don't eventually see it, just know it was solid. The PS3 screenshots weren't that great looking, but this footage looked fine. What I'd expect from a really good looking game for that generation.

PRI. HUDSON

I left my YouTube up so I have the video as it is temporarily streamed.

This game is good. Let's just say that.

Hudson

Hudson

I was really just skimming certain parts to see if it held up visually, which I strongly thing it does. Definitely don't want to give the game away for myself.

As excited for this game as I am, I was also excited for A:CM, AvP '10, both AvP movies, Predators, Prometheus, etc. I'll be safely assuming the game is going to get rated somewhere around a 6 or 7 by IGN and the likes of other press sources.

The last time I wasn't let down by an Aliens related game was Infestation. AvP '10 was decent at BEST, at worst it was really underwhelming. I feel like buying it again though just because I have a PS3 and no longer an Xbox, which I had it on before.

EDIT:

Or maybe not: It's over $70 for PS3 on Amazon.

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: Hudson on Oct 01, 2014, 08:07:11 PM
I was really just skimming certain parts to see if it held up visually, which I strongly thing it does. Definitely don't want to give the game away for myself.

As excited for this game as I am, I was also excited for A:CM, AvP '10, both AvP movies, Predators, Prometheus, etc. I'll be safely assuming the game is going to get rated somewhere around a 6 or 7 by IGN and the likes of other press sources.

The last time I wasn't let down by an Aliens related game was Infestation. AvP '10 was decent at BEST, at worst it was really underwhelming. I feel like buying it again though just because I have a PS3 and no longer an Xbox, which I had it on before.

EDIT:

A 7 is a victory by ACM standards. If it gets an 8-9, forget it. Sales will be off the charts.

Jango1201

Quote from: Hudson on Oct 01, 2014, 08:07:11 PM

EDIT:

It's only $10 at GameStop if you have one close

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed