Story Mode Help & Discussion (Playthrough Videos)

Started by ikarop, Sep 27, 2014, 11:57:31 PM

Author
Story Mode Help & Discussion (Playthrough Videos) (Read 110,657 times)

Darkness

Spoiler
Was it actually eggmorphing though? I know people were cocooned but it didn't look like eggmorphing to me. That many eggs... their had to be a Queen somewhere.
[close]

Vrastal

Quote from: Darkness on Oct 09, 2014, 06:55:14 AM
Spoiler
Was it actually eggmorphing though? I know people were cocooned but it didn't look like eggmorphing to me. That many eggs... their had to be a Queen somewhere.
[close]

Spoiler
Well it looked like some of the the people were being crushed and made into egg shapes. But i guess with that many eggs it could have been a queen deeper in the core than we went.  The eggs did look just like the movie though which was awesome..

Also i was afraid to use anything against the alien for fear of it learning. It did stop responding to the flares as well as it used to, In the beginning it would entrance it for 5+seconds, and by the end it would walk over to it, stare at it for a second and walk away, chase and kill me.. I tried to limit the amount of times i used the flame thrower on it, never used a noise maker on it, or pipe bomb or Molotov.

But there were a ton of people missing and a dozens of aliens so it could have been egg morphing. IF we could pick levels to play that would be easier, but unfortunatly having to play through the entire game to see certain parts sorta sucks.
Spoiler
[close]
[close]

TheBATMAN

Without giving anything away, can someone please tell me how far through I am? I'm just completed the part where you attempt to trap the alien in the spire. I've got stack loads of revision to do for an upcoming exam so just could do with roughly knowing how long there is to go. Thanks.

Corporal Hicks

^^ About halfway I'd reckon.

Quote from: Nazrel on Oct 09, 2014, 07:02:09 AM
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Well it looked like some of the the people were being crushed and made into egg shapes. But i guess with that many eggs it could have been a queen deeper in the core than we went.  The eggs did look just like the movie though which was awesome..

Also i was afraid to use anything against the alien for fear of it learning. It did stop responding to the flares as well as it used to, In the beginning it would entrance it for 5+seconds, and by the end it would walk over to it, stare at it for a second and walk away, chase and kill me.. I tried to limit the amount of times i used the flame thrower on it, never used a noise maker on it, or pipe bomb or Molotov.

But there were a ton of people missing and a dozens of aliens so it could have been egg morphing. IF we could pick levels to play that would be easier, but unfortunatly having to play through the entire game to see certain parts sorta sucks.
Spoiler

[close]
[close]
Spoiler

I did look to see if I could find any - there were some in the general crouched up position that Dallas and Kane were in but I couldn't see any actually turning into eggs. So unless the first Alien was a Queen, I'd like to think that the first Alien just eggmorphed someone and it was a Queen Hugger.
[close]

szkoki

Quote from: Nazrel on Oct 09, 2014, 07:02:09 AM
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler

Spoiler

[close]
[close]
just pause the gam then load missiom.there u can select any mission.

Corporal Hicks

What mission do you reckon is best for exploring? I've still got 9 logs and 5 Nostromo logs to get.

Darkness

Is it even possible to go that far back later in the game?

I only got one Nostromo log and that was right at the end of the game. Can't believe I missed them.

Corporal Hicks

Well you return to various points and if you've explorer, you'll have noticed rooms you can't get into. Particularly ones that require ion welding or hacking tool 3.

Vrastal

Im afraid to go back and do any exploring that requires loading. the game really doesnt like my computer

Corporal Hicks

Best time to explore is after you do the Anesidora. I've managed to find another 3 Nostromo logs. Only 2 left.

Salt The Fries

Spoiler
I need to get Dr. Morley's keycard now and I'm playing on Hard on Xbox One and this bit seems impossible, mainly due to the fact that Alien almost always knows that I'm inside the locker that's around the area there is a keycard. You know, Staff Quarters. I can't seem to outsmart it, I've tried gazillion of tactics
[close]

Cal427eb

Story Spoilers

Spoiler
If Sevastopol had already been bought by WY why was Samuels rejected when trying to communicate with APOLLO?
[close]

Vrastal

Quote from: Cal427eb on Oct 09, 2014, 07:29:52 PM
Story Spoilers

Spoiler
If Sevastopol had already been bought by WY why was Samuels rejected when trying to communicate with APOLLO?
[close]

Spoiler
Im guessing he didnt know about it, so he wasnt programmed or informed about/wasnt compatible programming
Spoiler
[close]
[close]

Cal427eb

You realize you only have to hit the spoiler tag once, right? You're just creating an empty second spoiler.

Vrastal

nope didnt know. oh well

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed