Ridley Scott Gives Update on Prometheus 2

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Sep 24, 2014, 04:05:16 PM

Author
Ridley Scott Gives Update on Prometheus 2 (Read 48,940 times)

Master

Quote from: Eva on Oct 01, 2014, 03:41:21 PM
Quote from: Master on Oct 01, 2014, 03:16:06 PM
Quote from: Eva on Sep 30, 2014, 09:52:29 AM
how do you think that 'very good muffin' in your food analogy became a very good muffin?

By going step by step through script that is really well though.

I see. So how did that well thought out script aka recipe come into existence? Did it already exist when the very first muffin ever made was baked?

Yeah, since ancient times  :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poetics_%28Aristotle%29

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Gash on Oct 01, 2014, 04:03:27 PMPeople who are destined to die in movies usually do something stupid. Just like real people sometimes do.

Doing something stupid is one thing. Doing something they would specifically never, ever do as one of the fundamentals of their highly-trained career is another.

Gash

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 01, 2014, 04:51:31 PM
Quote from: Gash on Oct 01, 2014, 04:03:27 PMPeople who are destined to die in movies usually do something stupid. Just like real people sometimes do.

Doing something stupid is one thing. Doing something they would specifically never, ever do as one of the fundamentals of their highly-trained career is another.

You conveniently snipped the Steve Irwin analogy that sorta disproves that.

Would any scientist ever experiment on themselves? - the logic behind a highly trained career would suggest not, but history says otherwise.

Having just watched the said scene again, both Fifield and Milburn are obviously nervous, Milburn only appears to be putting on a show of bravado in front of the clearly more panicked Fifiled. He claims "She's mesmerised" before the strike. He made a big mistake, I don't see the problem.

If you're saying Prometheus is a nonsensical film because of Milburn's actions, or even that Milburn is representative of a general lack of plausible science, I just don't find it a big enough bugbear amongst the more interesting themes that are there.

I'm not trying to change your mind, you don't like Promethues much, ok. I do like it quite a lot. Admittedly it works better with knowledge of some of the deleted scenes but I still find it a very good film.

Eva

Quote from: Master on Oct 01, 2014, 04:30:16 PM
Quote from: Eva on Oct 01, 2014, 03:41:21 PM
Quote from: Master on Oct 01, 2014, 03:16:06 PM
Quote from: Eva on Sep 30, 2014, 09:52:29 AM
how do you think that 'very good muffin' in your food analogy became a very good muffin?

By going step by step through script that is really well though.

I see. So how did that well thought out script aka recipe come into existence? Did it already exist when the very first muffin ever made was baked?

Yeah, since ancient times  :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poetics_%28Aristotle%29

That nonsense muffin analogy was your initial response to something I said that you clearly didn't understand.

Nevermind, I wish I had never offered an opinion in this thread. Should have known better.

Sorry, I seem to have interrupted your discussion on how Prometheus raped your collective childhoods. Please continue....

SM

:laugh:

Gash

:D x 2

whiterabbit

Did somebody mention muffins?

Cvalda

From the main forum index, this thread title always looks like "Ridley Scott Gives Up".

If only.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: whiterabbit on Oct 02, 2014, 02:08:19 AM
Did somebody mention muffins?

Quote from: Cvalda on Oct 02, 2014, 02:10:56 AM
From the main forum index, this thread title always looks like "Ridley Scott Gives Up".

If only.

whiterabbit

Hey don't joke about it guys. It's not funny. When I first read the topic title in the forum I thought it did say Ridley Scott Gives Up.  :'(

Cvalda

I wasn't joking, I was serious. If only he would give up, the first one was bad enough :'(

HuDaFuK

I sometimes wonder if Scott deserves all the praise he gets. Yeah, Alien and Blade Runner are seminal, no argument there, and he's made quite a few other good films (Gladiator, Black Hawk Down, the full version of Kingdom of Heaven), but he's also made a lot that are forgettable or even dull.

He's not exactly Mr. Consistency.

SM

Who is?

HuDaFuK

True. I just think the ratio of great to meh isn't really all that high with him.

SM

He has the benefit of making not one but two genre defining films.  Nevermind that they were 30 odd years ago.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed