damaged synthetic......

Started by LV-12986, Sep 19, 2014, 11:51:43 AM

Author
damaged synthetic...... (Read 7,834 times)

LV-12986

LV-12986

In the opening cut scene when hicks sends the distress call, why does he refer to bishop as a damaged synthetic? it looks as though distress signal is sent by hicks as he is on the dropship while ripley goes to find newt, at which point bishop is not a 'damaged synthetic'....

SM

SM

It's meant to be after the Queen got blown out and before they went to sleep.

But also remember they're attention to continuity was fairly rubbish.  I think the background in that scene is found in one of the later Stasis Interrupted levels.

LV-12986

LV-12986

i always thought the background was inside the dropship, would of thought hicks was to off his face and knocked out from painkillers to send the distress call after the queen was blown out. still unbelievably disappointed by this game  :-[

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Sep 19, 2014, 11:08:40 PM
It's meant to be after the Queen got blown out and before they went to sleep.

Around the same time Ripley was dropping nukes on the derelict, yes?

LV-12986

LV-12986

dropping nukes on the derelict?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Yes, have some.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: LV-12986 on Sep 20, 2014, 11:32:31 AMi always thought the background was inside the dropship, would of thought hicks was to off his face and knocked out from painkillers to send the distress call after the queen was blown out.

We don't really know how much time passed between Ripley killing the Queen and everyone going to bed. It's actually quite possible Hicks woke up and was lucid enough to send a distress call.

What makes no sense is why the USCM doesn't bother to act on his message for over four months.

SM

SM

Or that Ripley left LV-426 without "wip[ing] them out".

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Probably best we nip the 'plot holes in the game' list in the bud before it gets started...

SM

SM

But it gives such good sport...

Jango1201

Jango1201

Hicks i think would have to be awake to get into cryo. I don't think Ripley could get him in there on her own from the dropship. Between the dropship and cryo he could have been coherent enough to send a message.

SM

SM

She could've loaded him onto the stretcher they were going to go and get.

Jango1201

Jango1201

True but I think he would have to be somewhat conscience in order to lift his weight.

SM

SM

She doesn't have to carry him.  Just ease him onto a stretcher.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Surely she'd need help getting him into the cryotube, though? With that complicated scissoring hatch arrangement I don't think she could just wheel him alongside and slide him in.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed