Airsoft Thread V2.0

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 18, 2014, 09:04:10 AM

Author
Airsoft Thread V2.0 (Read 13,415 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The basics are very similar - toy/fake guns, shooting balls that come keen at each other. I've done both but after doing airsofting, I wouldn't go back to paintball. I just prefer the extra realism of the replica guns and kit. But at the end of the day, it still boils down to grown men running around with fake guns.  :P

I love it, though. It's great exercise, fun socializing and it's just fun to play some FPS in real life.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I think Hicks more or less hit the nail on the head  :laugh:

I think the other main difference would be that airsoft games can last significantly longer that paintball games (in my experience)

Shinawi

Shinawi

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 10, 2017, 02:05:49 PM
It's great exercise
Definitely. These airsoft guns are heavy like the real ones are. We run around on a hill while carrying these for at least 4 hours. I think I burn more calories playing this than when I play soccer.

Shinawi

Shinawi

That's a good gun to rush with.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The miniguns always make me chuckle. I've held one of the short ones and it was so f**king heavy so gotta respect someone who can leg it like that.

Also, I hate those backwards facing cameras. It's a just little too vain for me.  :laugh:

Shinawi

Shinawi

I think they could be trained into good airsoft players. They have the dedication with firearms.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I came across some VFC Avalon RIFs at a recent airsoft fair and was pretty taken with them. I didn't buy one then as I wasn't too clued up on them but after checking out some reviews, I'm this close to getting one.

Most likely get the Sabre CQB in tan/copper/bronze. I don't typically like anything other than just black or grey but I'm really digging this one.

BlackMatter169

BlackMatter169

Oh man, I love airsofting! Been playing on and off since I was in high school. I remember saving up for a FN P90 replica that was one of the best guns I ever had. Beautiful gun. I even had a group of friends who would get together at a farm with tons of land where we'd play different kinds of games. Sadly, every guy in the group except for me is married with children, so we rarely get together anymore.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I had a TM P90 that I absolutely loved! I just fell out with TM plastic so I moved on from it. Really wanna pick up a new one, though.

That sucks, though. My buddy who I used to mainly go with went traveling for a couple of years so I had a brief gap in playing too. Fortunately, he's back and we've got a few other folk who go with now though. Are there any organized fields/clubs nearby you could just go to?

BlackMatter169

BlackMatter169

There probably is, I haven't checked. I've been working a lot lately, and when I'm not working I'm sleeping. I do hope to get back to airsoft at some point though.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Fair enough and understood.

We always used to just do once a month but we're trying to go a bit more regularly. Go twice - once to a local woodland and then venture out a bit to a more urban location.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I ended up treating myself to 2 new replicas at the end of last year.

A Krytac Kriss Vector. They've been selling out so fast over here but managed to grab one just after my birthday.

And a VFC Saber SD. I had been looking at CQB but couldn't find it in tan anywhere over here but I saw this blue/grey one with the integrated silencer and that was enough. Decided to go for this one.

The Mrs brought me a hardcase for Christmas. My 'rents got me a hard helmet in mandrake pattern and I recently brought some new mandrake camo pants as the ones I'd had before weren't the greatest.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Nice haul!
Classic Army is releasing two guns I'm debating getting. They're re-releasing their M16A1 which was my 2nd airsoft gun ever. Most dependable thing I've ever owned. I don't know the name of the second rifle but it's basically an M4 style gun with two barrels and two magazines. I kind of want that just for the ridiculousness of it  :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Thanks!  ;D I've had my eye on the DT-4! I think it looks pretty interesting, it's evidently based on a real steel too. My only issue is Classic Army - they're not someone I have a great deal of faith in.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

CQR!!!!!!!  :o

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed