The Martian & Blade Runner 2 Before Prometheus 2?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 26, 2014, 10:39:59 AM

Author
The Martian & Blade Runner 2 Before Prometheus 2? (Read 28,005 times)

Kimarhi

There will be another Prometheus.  I just hope it is much better than the original.

I also hold out hope that Prometheus will have a cut like Alien 3's SE. 

Blacklabel

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 29, 2014, 02:43:05 PM
Quote from: Infected on Aug 29, 2014, 02:37:11 PMEverybody should give up hope for a jockey revisit, Giger is gone and Ridley isnt up to it by himself.

Not counting stuff reused from earlier films, Giger actually didn't do much at all on Prometheus, just a few murals.

Steven Messing did the murals that appear in the film. Giger just did a few sketches of versions of set design, the Deacon, Trilobite and other creatures... 

Infected

Quote from: Blacklabel on Aug 29, 2014, 03:20:41 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 29, 2014, 02:43:05 PM
Quote from: Infected on Aug 29, 2014, 02:37:11 PMEverybody should give up hope for a jockey revisit, Giger is gone and Ridley isnt up to it by himself.

Not counting stuff reused from earlier films, Giger actually didn't do much at all on Prometheus, just a few murals.

Steven Messing did the murals that appear in the film. Giger just did a few sketches of versions of set design, the Deacon, Trilobite and other creatures...
Yes but he brought us the first jockey and Derelict..

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Jango1201 on Aug 29, 2014, 01:58:54 AM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Aug 28, 2014, 09:46:19 PM
Everyone and their dog knew Ripley's sacrifice was only ever going to be a temporary stalling effort. Another sequel was inevitable.

It was a spinoff in my opinion. A what if and nothing more. On the Prometheus subject, it needs to be given to someone else to free up Ridley for BR 2.

You consider 'Alien Resurrection' to be a spin-off and not a proper sequel?

acrediblesource

Any one else still hoping that Guillermo del Toro will suddenly come in and take the sequel on and make it a real haunted nightmare everyone wants to see?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Or he can just make At the Mountains of Madness, the real haunted nightmare everyone wants to see.

Kimarhi

Del Toro is more fantasy monster than horror monster though

Infected

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 31, 2014, 03:39:08 PM
Or he can just make At the Mountains of Madness, the real haunted nightmare everyone wants to see.
Yes, but the ending... will it be something like the Bair Witch Project ending?

SM

Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 29, 2014, 02:45:18 PM
There will be another Prometheus.  I just hope it is much better than the original.

I also hold out hope that Prometheus will have a cut like Alien 3's SE.

A slower and redundant version of Prometheus.

Kimarhi

something that makes it more sensical and straightforward. 

I think the SE is the best extended/alternate cut of all the Alien movies.

Slower and redundant to me would be the Aliens SE. 

redalert51

??? Big mistake , Prometheus should be first . It has two years since the release of Prometheus , if not done
ASAP . it will end up in the too hard basket and then happens it will never be made .

??? Big mistake , Prometheus should be first . It has two years since the release of Prometheus , if not done
ASAP . it will end up in the too hard basket and then happens it will never be made .

Nightmare Asylum

As opposed to the 32 years its been since Blade Runner?

SM

The too hard basket was deep.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: redalert51 on Sep 10, 2014, 01:31:34 AM??? Big mistake , Prometheus should be first . It has two years since the release of Prometheus , if not done ASAP . it will end up in the too hard basket and then happens it will never be made .

Aliens was seven years after Alien.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

The difference these days is that the main cast usually sign a contract for a two or three picture deal even if there isn't yet any sequels planned at that point in time. If the film does very well the main actors are then contractually obliged to return when the sequel/s are green-lit.

However, the contract usually expires after a set amount of time, typically three years. This can sometimes make it a bit harder to get the original cast back if you dally too long. In the case of Prometheus it's just Rapace and Fassbender but as these two actors are obviously very popular and busy it could possibly cause a delay in getting the sequel made.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed