Dark Horse Interview - New Comic

Started by Xenomorphine, Aug 23, 2014, 02:00:11 AM

Author
Dark Horse Interview - New Comic (Read 83,330 times)

Son Of Kane

Quote from: Visceral_Mass on Jan 12, 2015, 07:11:57 PM
I don't care how good the art is, there is nothing that can remove the bad taste Prometheus (and the Fire and Stone writers) has vomited on the Aliens and Predator comic franchises.  :P

Your suffering makes me happy.

Visceral_Mass

Visceral_Mass

I'm not suffering. I'm not the one that was vomited upon... :laugh:

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jan 12, 2015, 07:30:36 PM
Quote from: Visceral_Mass on Jan 12, 2015, 07:11:57 PM
I don't care how good the art is, there is nothing that can remove the bad taste Prometheus (and the Fire and Stone writers) has vomited on the Aliens and Predator comic franchises.  :P

May I ask what you don't like about Fire and Stone?

Simple answer: I like Aliens, I like Predator, I don't like Prometheus. That movie did nothing to elevate the franchise just like these comics did nothing to elevate their respective series, IMO, of course.

Son Of Kane

Very least it was better than AVP.

Visceral_Mass

AVP:R, yes it was better than that, but, I actually think AVP was more entertaining than Prometheus.

Son Of Kane

No I meant it was better than Anderson's AVP- which it is.

Visceral_Mass

I know exactly what you meant, but in case you couldn't tell, opinions are great, we each get to have our own.

Son Of Kane

Quote from: Visceral_Mass on Jan 12, 2015, 09:18:30 PM
I know exactly what you meant, but in case you couldn't tell, opinions are great, we each get to have our own.

Lol

Corporal Hicks

That's a topic for the General AvP board guys.  :)

Ultramorph

See the interview and Omega preview, Hicks? Might have gotten buried in the page break.
http://www.comicvine.com/articles/josh-williamson-interviews-kelly-sue-on-prometheus/1100-150946/

Corporal Hicks

I did, thanks. It's up on the front page.  :)

happypred

happypred

This artist is the bomb

Ahab seems to have lost his furry loincloth and his harpoon-axe

RakaiThwei

The art makes me quite tempted to pick up Omega.. Three World War needed art like this.

Corporal Hicks

I've said it a million times and I'll say it again: 3WW's style suited the action scenes brilliantly. Just not when they were stood around talking. It's not the disaster that Sam Keith's work in Female War is.

But yeah, Agustin Alessio's artwork is just extraordinary. Him and Juan Ferreyra have done fantastically for this line.

happypred

happypred

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jan 13, 2015, 09:09:53 AM
The art makes me quite tempted to pick up Omega.. Three World War needed art like this.

Every single Aliens/Predator/AvP/Prometheus comic would benefit from art like this. A lot of props to the colourist as well. The colouring is really impressive. Great art still looks like shit with bad colouring

Juan and Mooneyham are awesome too. I'm not as crazy about Olivetti and the Aliens guy.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 13, 2015, 10:04:59 AM
I've said it a million times and I'll say it again: 3WW's style suited the action scenes brilliantly. Just not when they were stood around talking. It's not the disaster that Sam Keith's work in Female War is.

You are entitled to your opinion. Mine is that TWW's art is even worse than Female War's

Corporal Hicks

We'll have to disagree on this one, my friend.

Sam Keith's work in Female War just disgusts me. I'll give him Inhuman Condition on a re-read because it makes sense then. But Female War is the worse drawn comic I've seen from Aliens.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed