AVP Maze at Universal Halloween Horror Nights

Started by RazorSlash, Aug 05, 2014, 03:15:21 AM

Author
AVP Maze at Universal Halloween Horror Nights (Read 42,395 times)

Xenomrph

Quote from: happypred on Aug 24, 2014, 02:23:07 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Aug 24, 2014, 01:52:11 PM
Hollywood is doing a "small town outbreak" theme

...a la Gunnison, Colorado?
Probably yeah.

RakaiThwei

While Orlando is getting the better deal, Hollywood is doing the small town setting because of the Walking Dead attraction which is being featured as the main attraction.. So obviously they have to accommodate for that. It shouldn't damper your experience, and if it does.. clearly, you're not letting yourself have fun.

Twitter:

"Spaceship coming tomorrow for AVP! Our scenic vendor built it off site in four different sections... Hope it fits! It's freaking big! LOL"

"The AVP maze is really starting to shape up now. Props have been loading in...Saw some for the Predator trophy wall today...coooool"

RakaiThwei

God.. I want to go to the Orlando attraction.. But my economic situation prevents me from doing so. UUUGH!!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Eidotemit on Aug 24, 2014, 02:00:52 PM
Ah, thats cool. I'm glad they're doing the WY facility where I am, that sounds more appealing to me.

I haven't seen your name for some time!!! Welcome back.

Samus007

Got my tickets for next Thursday night Orlando (which is like 35 mins from me). Me and my friends are pretty excited as we are all fans of the franchise.  8)

RakaiThwei

That's kind of a short experience! And some of the creatures were puppeteered, that's fine but you could see the puppet workers operating them.. which kind of kills the experience. Perhaps I've been spoiled by Eastern State Penn's Terror Behind the Walls, but seeing this video here.. Mmmm.. I mean it looks like fun but if you can see the puppets being operated by workers, it just kills the AvP experience.  :-\

Quarax

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Sep 19, 2014, 09:05:10 PM
That's kind of a short experience! And some of the creatures were puppeteered, that's fine but you could see the puppet workers operating them.. which kind of kills the experience. Perhaps I've been spoiled by Eastern State Penn's Terror Behind the Walls, but seeing this video here.. Mmmm.. I mean it looks like fun but if you can see the puppets being operated by workers, it just kills the AvP experience.  :-\

I wonder if they're only visible because the guy filming used night vision.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Quarax on Sep 19, 2014, 09:16:43 PM
I wonder if they're only visible because the guy filming used night vision.

Probably but even then, with strobe lighting and dim lighting, if one looks carefully and sees human hands on Xeno wrist.. Yeah. Kind of an experience killer.

I went opening night! You can see every Alien and Predator, The Predators look AMAZING! Being up close to them, they look crazy good. the predators have a Scar Pred look with a more of a jungle hunter mask. The Queen is freak'in huge, I was shocked when I turned the corner an saw the giant Queen then another alien pops out from the side and scared the hell out of me. But the best scares were the facehuggers slamming into the windows.

El Diablo

Here's video of the maze in Orlando.

It's definitely more inspired by Cameron's ALIENS than the Hollywood maze (Space Marines!!). Wish I could attend both.

http://youtu.be/kNqRRKo5L_Y

RazorSlash

Okay, that cloaked Pred was pretty sweet

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

That Orlando Maze brought a smile of joy to my face.. CAN WE GO BACK TO THAT INSTEAD OF THIS ENGINEER AND SUPER PREDATOR STUFF?!!

See.. That right there.. THAT is the TRUE AvP!

newbeing

Wow I'd love to go to the orlando one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed