AVP Maze at Universal Halloween Horror Nights

Started by RazorSlash, Aug 05, 2014, 03:15:21 AM

Author
AVP Maze at Universal Halloween Horror Nights (Read 42,398 times)

RazorSlash

Quote from: Gate on Aug 05, 2014, 09:28:58 PM
Quote from: RazorSlash on Aug 05, 2014, 09:28:10 PM
Quote from: Gate on Aug 05, 2014, 09:20:04 PM
Do you guys know how boring HHN is?
I enjoy it.
You must own an express pass.
I do, actually. Still, though, I've never noticed the wait times being that long.

Gate

Quote from: RazorSlash on Aug 05, 2014, 09:29:17 PM
Quote from: Gate on Aug 05, 2014, 09:28:58 PM
Quote from: RazorSlash on Aug 05, 2014, 09:28:10 PM
Quote from: Gate on Aug 05, 2014, 09:20:04 PM
Do you guys know how boring HHN is?
I enjoy it.
You must own an express pass.
I do, actually. Still, though, I've never noticed the wait times being that long.
The Walking Dead last year was a 3 hour line. The content inside of these exhibits are not worth the wait.

RazorSlash

Hm, I didn't go last year. I actually haven't been there in a few years, school's been getting in the way. I don't think I've actually gone since my Freshman year...

Bio Mech Hunter

Interesting. Might be fun.

I'm wondering, though. If this is kind of a celebration of AVP's 10th anniversary for Halloween, why is AVP:R so heavily infused? In fact, it appears most of what's advertised is from AVP:R. Yech...

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Aug 05, 2014, 10:19:49 PM
Interesting. Might be fun.

I'm wondering, though. If this is kind of a celebration of AVP's 10th anniversary for Halloween, why is AVP:R so heavily infused? In fact, it appears most of what's advertised is from AVP:R. Yech...

AVPR effects did look better than AVP, but had horrible lighting and made everything look muddy.

locdasmoke

I hope I can go to this! If I can get a babysitter for my youngest and there's enough money, I am definitely going!

Cal427eb

Shit, I was gonna go on labor day but I can't go for Halloween. :-\

Morgoth

I already am planning on going. This is just icing on the cake! ;D I have dreamed of a Alien attraction like this. Dreams do come true!

Game_Over_Man

Are they really 'celebrating' this? What next? The 30th anniversary of Jaws the Revenge?

Dovahkiin

I'm going this year with my family! Gonna be so f**king awesome!!!

Samus007

Samus007

Oh yes! So glad I live 35 minutes from Universal Orlando, can't wait for this!

Newt66

Awesome! Definitely Something to go check out

Xenomrph

Quote from: Game_Over_Man on Aug 06, 2014, 07:36:58 AM
Are they really 'celebrating' this? What next? The 30th anniversary of Jaws the Revenge?
I thought about how they might do an 'Alien' haunted house, to celebrate the 35th anniversary, and it really wouldn't work. 'Alien' is scary because there's only one Alien but it's all very measured, timed scares to emphasize tension and dread. A haunted house attraction is based on the idea of a ton of jump-scares, so you can funnel as many people as possible through the attraction and let them all get some kind of "jump" at some point in the experience. AvP is a pretty smart choice since you can have a large variety of potential jump scares for both species, it allows for more creativity.

I really wish I'd gotten to go to HHN in 2011 when they did 'The Thing'.

SuicideDoors

ADI reusing their original moulds from the AvP films. That's pretty much the kiss of death for this project.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Ten years and people are still complaining about the ADI molds? I'd understand if this was another movie being made but this is an attraction and a one time thing. Guys, you're literally supposed to lose yourself and just enjoy the show.. otherwise you're depriving yourself some enjoyment. Which is you know, the whole point of this attraction.. to have fun.  :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed