Alien: Isolation SDCC 2014 Comic Scans

Started by ikarop, Jul 30, 2014, 09:35:55 PM

Author
Alien: Isolation SDCC 2014 Comic Scans (Read 16,426 times)

ikarop

ikarop

SDCC'14 promo comic scanned by Deacon:

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=331

Jango1201

Certainly a lot to absorb.

SM

SM

Nice.

Provides some setup without any spoilers (that I could see).  The 'Anesidora' is an interesting nod.

Vrastal

Im a tad bit confused..

was the egg/facehugger a flashback? or will there be another?

SM

SM

I think it was a dream hinting at where the Alien came from - kinda looks Derelict-ish.  And they are within coo-ee of LV-426.

Xenomrph

"A Warm Place" was my favorite part. The nightmare stuff was trippy as f**k and really effective.

Xenomorphine

The old movie trailer egg is being worked into this?

Hmm...

SM

SM

...it was a dream.

PsyKore

Quote from: Nazrel on Jul 31, 2014, 12:18:03 AM
Im a tad bit confused..

was the egg/facehugger a flashback? or will there be another?

I got the impression that guy who's dreaming is facehugged while another adult Alien is on board.

SM

SM

Kinda hard to tell as it seems seperate from the main part of the story.

Xenomrph

Yeah, I think it might have worked better if the stories were in "chronological" order, although breaking up the Decent Man's story was pretty effective so I kinda understand why it got put in the middle.

PsyKore

I guess it could go either way. But the thing that tips me off is how Chuck's dialogue of reaching the elevator to intercept the civilian interjects with the scene of the guy lying in a bed facehugged, as if it's happening at the present time.

SM

SM

Yeah that confused me a bit too.

locusta

Funny, the creature in the comic looks better and more accurate then in the game.

windebieste

Nice comic.  It touched on all the important themes we expect from a tie in without tipping too far into spoiler territory.

Now, will this be reprinted at some point so those of us that didn't go to SDCC can acquire a copy of it without resorting to Ebay? 

100% with Locusta, here.  Ye olde Bigge Chap looks better in the comic than in the game screenshots we have seen so far. 

-Windebieste.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed