Best way to play Aliens Colonial Marines

Started by LastSurvivor92, Jul 26, 2014, 05:02:58 PM

Author
Best way to play Aliens Colonial Marines (Read 4,576 times)

LastSurvivor92

After playing this game for over a year I've found little ways to improve the experience.

1. Turn off the background music to the game. Play it without any music. The sound effects alone add a lot more to the game. Especially when you enter Hadley's Hope and there's nothing but the creaks and moans of the structure. You can hear all the rain and wind pouring into the complex.

2. Don't run through the mission. Try your best to walk through the mission. You pick up more on the setting and what Gearbox and the other developers put into the game. It feels more 'Alieny' when you walk through the game. Its really everything around you that should be focused on not the linear storyline that your just suppose to run and rush through. You might as well give up if your just going to rush through it.

3. Play with all the lights off. This adds more of an effect for the game. Especially when there isn't any music in the background. I have Turtle Beaches and I get the full effect of the soundeffects and the feel for the game when I turn off the lights. Lights in general are just a distraction.

4. Play by yourself unless your friends are in for the same experience. Co-Op campaign is painstaking because almost most of the players just want to rush through the mission and kill everything. They don't care about the story, the atmosphere or anything the game has to offer in terms of the series. If you can I would try to play by yourself. Plus you feel more vulnerable that way.

These are just some of things that you could do to improve your experience on Colonial Marines. In the end its still a shit game but at least you can do a few things to make it slightly better.

If you guys have any more suggestions on how to improve the gamers experience on Colonial Marines please comment below and let us know!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

No, you're talking bollocks with regards to no. 1.

The best thing in the game was the music.

If you want an instant 35.71% improvement to the game I would recommend turning off the dialogue/voices and subtitles. This will result in a considerable and discernible improvement to the tolerance level of the game. You won't know what the f**k is going on in the story anymore but this can be considered a good thing.

A high level of intoxication may also assist with the experience.

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 26, 2014, 05:33:22 PM
No, you're talking bollocks with regards to no. 1.

The best thing in the game was the music.

If you want an instant 35.71% improvement to the game I would recommend turning off the dialogue/voices and subtitles. This will result in a considerable and discernible improvement to the tolerance level of the game. You won't know what the f**k is going on in the story anymore but this can be considered a good thing.

A high level of intoxication may also assist with the experience.

I thought the music was horrendous and repetitive as hell. Might as well turn of the background music and the dialouge/voices. I think that would add a lot.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Keven Riepl's score can possibly be considered a masterpiece. It's the only thing good in that game.

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 26, 2014, 05:43:28 PM
Keven Riepl's score can possibly be considered a masterpiece. It's the only thing good in that game.

The score itself is great but how it was added into the game was f**king horrendous. The soundtrack doesn't even fit. The music was too good to even be in that game. Keven Riepl's score should be a stand alone adaption to the Alien scores. It doesn't do the game any justice whatsoever

Dill-On

I'll try with music turned off.

I do like soundtrack from this game, but maybe no background music brings new experience ;)

SM

I wouldn't call the music a masterpiece, but it was still pretty good.

John Stevens

The soundtrack is pretty good, shades of Goldsmith and Horner through out.
I will try it without the music...i did that with ALIEN TRILOGY way back when.

Walking thru the missions help take it all in, except when hordes of Xeno or WY mercs are trying to kill you.
Lights off work for me. Sets the ambience.

WinterActual

Quote from: Chronicle on Jul 26, 2014, 05:02:58 PM
They don't care about the story, the atmosphere or anything the game has to offer in terms of the series.
Because those things are non existent in this game.

Xenomrph

I liked the music, especially when it was cleverly timed to accentuate what was going on. When you're going through the Derelict and the music cribs from the 'Alien' soundtrack as you find the Space Jockey, that was pretty great and added a lot to that moment.

John Stevens

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jul 29, 2014, 04:44:12 AM
I liked the music, especially when it was cleverly timed to accentuate what was going on. When you're going through the Derelict and the music cribs from the 'Alien' soundtrack as you find the Space Jockey, that was pretty great and added a lot to that moment.
Yes, when you walk into the Derelict cockpit the music is a nice touch.

scm

Stoned playing splitscreen. Has been the only really enjoyable experience of this game for me.

Jango1201

Couple of 40's erases the screen tare for me ;)

Xenomrph

I honest to god never notice screen-tearing in any game I play.

Like I know what it is, and I can "see" it if I force myself to look for it, but not once has screen-tearing ever negatively impacted my gameplay experience in any game.

PsyKore

Best way to play ACM:

1. Put ACM disc on floor

2. Unzip pants

3. Proceed to piss on disc

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed