How many sequels should there be?

Started by RakaiThwei, Jul 15, 2014, 10:15:26 PM

Author
How many sequels should there be? (Read 5,059 times)

Spoonman101

It would have been spectacular!
Oh well, I guess we have to make do with Dutch's brother and his pompous jocular police sidekick of Cold War and Concrete Jungle; Rasche.
His encounter with the IRS was perhaps the best one liner of the entire Predator universe.
(Referring to last box)

Randomizer

Two more sequels . Then I hope that will be over with .

DUB1

DUB1

Quote from: Randomizer on Jul 24, 2014, 04:16:52 PM
Two more sequels . Then I hope that will be over with .

Why two more sequels? What story would you tell in these two sequels that would bring a satisfying conclusion?

One day they might stop making Predator movies altogether, but I don't see it's story reaching an end of any kind. Predators are an entire species, an entire civilization. To fully end the story, you'd have to wipe out the whole species. Which, unless they definitely were all evil, would make the human protagonists a bunch of genocidal scum for exterminating an entire race for what might be the actions of a few. Not to mention, being a space-faring species and all, probably weren't stupid enough to all still be living on the same planet.

I'd really like to know how fans would handle an end to the Predator series.

Spoonman101

Probably how fans handled Star Trek: Make a reboot!

DUB1

DUB1

Quote from: Spoonman101 on Jul 24, 2014, 05:34:16 PM
Probably how fans handled Star Trek: Make a reboot!

Which would probably to a full-blown remake of Predator, starring Vin Diesel or the Rock, with crappy CGI, and sequels all taking place in a jungle, on earth, in the same time period, starring the Dutch character taking on lone Predators, who'd all look the same, and use the same weapons and tactics.

Or maybe the Rock would play Dutch, then in the sequel, plays his blonde brother.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: DUB1 on Jul 24, 2014, 05:41:51 PMWhich would probably to a full-blown remake of Predator, starring Vin Diesel or the Rock, with crappy CGI, and sequels all taking place in a jungle, on earth, in the same time period, starring the Dutch character taking on lone Predators, who'd all look the same, and use the same weapons and tactics.

You forgot PG-13.

blood.

blood.

At least 50

DUB1

DUB1

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 24, 2014, 08:07:42 PM
Quote from: DUB1 on Jul 24, 2014, 05:41:51 PMWhich would probably to a full-blown remake of Predator, starring Vin Diesel or the Rock, with crappy CGI, and sequels all taking place in a jungle, on earth, in the same time period, starring the Dutch character taking on lone Predators, who'd all look the same, and use the same weapons and tactics.

You forgot PG-13.

Do most of the fans really want Predator movies to be PG-13? Because I was talking about how fans would likely handle a reboot, not Hollywood, though truth be told there might be little differences in how the two would handle a reboot and it's sequel(s).

Liberator

There can be as many spinoffs and extra sequels as people want.  As long as people are still interested in them, BUT there should be a special sequel starring Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny Glover, which officially ends the original story with not wiping out the predators but convincing them never to hunt us again.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Liberator on Aug 27, 2014, 11:05:26 AMBUT there should be a special sequel starring Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny Glover, which officially ends the original story with not wiping out the predators but convincing them never to hunt us again.

:D No. They're both way too old.

DUB1

DUB1

Quote from: Liberator on Aug 27, 2014, 11:05:26 AM
There can be as many spinoffs and extra sequels as people want.  As long as people are still interested in them, BUT there should be a special sequel starring Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny Glover, which officially ends the original story with not wiping out the predators but convincing them never to hunt us again.

How would they convince the Predators to leave us alone, forever?

I must again ask how fans would actually end the Predator story.

Liberator

Quote from: DUB1 on Aug 27, 2014, 10:51:06 PM
Quote from: Liberator on Aug 27, 2014, 11:05:26 AM

How would they convince the Predators to leave us alone, forever?

I must again ask how fans would actually end the Predator story.

Well, the movie needs to explain more of the backstory to the predators and why they hunt on Earth.  My understanding is that they send their juveniles here as a rite of passage into manhood.  Okay, so if it becomes too dangerous, they will stop sending their kids to their deaths.  That is, the more capable humans are of killing the predators, the more dangerous it becomes.  Dutch and Harrigan could easily have trained teams of special forces to be ready to take on the predators, and as our radar systems become more sophisticated we could even know exactly where and when the predators land.  The predators hunt with huge advantages only, with barely any risk to themselves.  They use invisibility cloaks, lasers, superior strength and agility, and infrared night vision.  The more capable humans get, the less of a big advantage the predators will have and not that they are cowardly, but they wouldn't be able to train their young in this fashion anymore.  That is the way I see it, anyway.  The adult predators might be more tempted to hunt humans then, though, seeing us as more formiddable opponents, but it's inconsistent because they could hunt us anyway, and just use no advanced technology so that the odds are fairer.  That is, these hunts are never done much for sport as it were.  Even though the predators are collecting trophies, these hunts are very novice affairs for them.  If it was about sport, they wouldn't use such advantages.

Broadening these perspectives, let's say the predators still came at us no matter what, like the more danger the better.  Eventually it will turn into a war, and if the predators always have too far advanced technology then they can slaughter us no matter what.  I think that would be stupid, but I also don't believe the predators would do that.

I don't think there needs to be an end to all predator stories, however.  Not least for which, Predators deserves its own sequel, and in that movie they establish that there are some predators out there who don't abide by the same rules as the traditional ones do.  I think eventually the expanded universe movies should be set in the future, when humans have much more technology.

SM

SM

QuoteWell, the movie needs to explain more of the backstory to the predators and why they hunt on Earth.

We know why they hunt on Earth.

Liberator

Quote from: SM on Sep 02, 2014, 12:23:59 AM
QuoteWell, the movie needs to explain more of the backstory to the predators and why they hunt on Earth.

We know why they hunt on Earth.

Would you care to say what you think everyone knows?

SM

SM

Sport.

As Arnie alludes to in the first film.

Why else?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed