Original Alien Cast Reunite for Alien: Isolation DLC

Started by ikarop, Jul 09, 2014, 01:01:47 PM

Author
Original Alien Cast Reunite for Alien: Isolation DLC (Read 60,110 times)

Xenoscream

One annoyance; you can only get both the DLCs by pre-ordering from GAME in the UK, which has their ps4 pre-order price £10 higher than gamestop, and no doubt with a bit of shopping around it would be possible to beat that too.

Seegson

Quote from: szkoki on Jul 10, 2014, 01:04:55 PM
Quote from: Procurator on Jul 10, 2014, 08:46:31 AM
I actually considered per-ordering the game, but after seeing this today i radically changed my mind. How can they have time to do this, the game inst even out yet and already sugarcoating the thing with more eye candy. Original cast returning, if that is the case why am i hearing voices that are taken straight from the Alien DVD, nothing new. Making a couple of new models based on old pictures or molds isn't a effort... From a strictly political point of view i see Colonial Marines again, the game will come out but will have no where near this graphics or storyline. I have no faith for this game anymore, history teaches well.

ummm Sevastopol is the same station as Nostromo more or less i guess. so basicly they used some models from the base game, the same Alien, the same AI the same tools, gameplay and put together a Nostromo like place for two missions. They only worked on recording the voiceacting and making new 3d models for the characters. "easy" job why not pull it of for some more money?

If the Nostromo, Narcissus, etc match the Ron Cobb blueprints...yep, its a huge efford. And its the firt game ever

Axor

re-visiting Nostromo knowing what Ash is going to do (if anyone read the out of shadows novel which btw, is canon).....it feels different!

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Seegson on Jul 10, 2014, 01:56:01 PMIf the Nostromo, Narcissus, etc match the Ron Cobb blueprints...yep, its a huge efford. And its the firt game ever

What about the DLC for ACM? Was that not a faithful recreation? (Never played it myself.)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Apparently not. It was optimized for multiplayer so the layout wasn't the same as it was in the film. A case of better game-play mechanics taking precedence over accuracy.

Corporal Hicks

I wouldn't say it was optimized. It was certainly pretty but it was way too small.

Eibenholz

Apparently the German, Austrian and Swiss version of the game will get the additional content neither as DLC nor as preorder bonus, but as part of the normal release version called "Ripley Edition".
http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/alien-isolation/news/alien_isolation,48223,3057725.html

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Jul 09, 2014, 10:44:31 PM
Gamestop Canada makes no mention of the DLC on their preorder page. Is there a Canadian alternative, or must I order from the US?

"When I think aBOUT me, I quote myself..."  :P

Anyway, for the fellow Canucks out there, EBGames.ca (the Canadian version of Gamestop) now offers the full edition for preorder.  :)

SM

QuoteIf the Nostromo, Narcissus, etc match the Ron Cobb blueprints...yep, its a huge efford

Ron Cobb didn't do the blue prints.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 10, 2014, 01:58:26 PM
Quote from: Seegson on Jul 10, 2014, 01:56:01 PMIf the Nostromo, Narcissus, etc match the Ron Cobb blueprints...yep, its a huge efford. And its the firt game ever

What about the DLC for ACM? Was that not a faithful recreation? (Never played it myself.)

No.  Not much related to A:CM was faithful.

ummm Sevastopol is the same station as Nostromo more or less i guess.

Less.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Hudson on Jul 10, 2014, 12:13:09 AM
Ok. It just seemed like you were doubting new recorded dialogue even though you can hear Yaphet Kotto's voice speaking new recorded dialogue.

It didn't sound radically different to what was in the film, but it's been a while since viewing it.

Mr. Clemens

I said this on the A:I forums, but I feel the need to say it again:

I'm a little surprised by many of the reactions, here.

I'm not trolling, I'm just... well, maybe it's because I'm an Alien fan first, and a video game player, like, 38th. Is no one else absolutely over the moon that Sigourney Weaver, Tom Skerritt, Veronica Cartwright, Yaphet Kotto and Harry Dean Stanton have (at their ages) come back and reprised their roles from a thirty-five year old movie? Harry Dean alone is coming up on ninety, for god's sake.

And you get to walk around on the Nostromo, for cryin' out loud!

Of course A:CM was a joke, no one's disputing that. But a project that can attract these wonderful actors (who would much rather be kicking back with a cold one in their golden years, I suspect) is a project I can get behind 100%.

I'm gonna be on the set of Alien with the cast of Alien. Preorder? Shit, I'd pay for this by the minute.

Sadogoat

The following was posted on the official Alien: Isolation Facebook page regarding eventual DLC availability:

"It's genuinely been great to see the reaction to The Crew Expendable and Last Survivor pre-order bonus content we announced yesterday and how excited you all are to re-experience those classic scenes from the original movie with our Alien. It's been absolutely amazing for us at the Studio.
However, some of you have been asking if the two pieces of content are only available through pre-order or if we'll be releasing them at a later date as well.
So, I can confirm today that we do plan to release both Crew Expendable and Last Survivor at a later date and we'll have more details for you guys on that shortly.

Best, Nee."

SpaceMarines

Sadogoat

There's also an article over at Polygon putting forward a case why you should not preorder Alien: Isolation. It's a fairly interesting read and some valid points are made. And given that CA have confirmed the DLC will be available to everybody sometime post-launch, there's not so much incentive to pre-order it anyway - unless you're one of those people who absolutely have to have it on launch day.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/10/5887425/aliens-isolation-ripley-preorder-exclusive-no

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed