Robert Rodriguez "Not involved" in upcoming Predator sequel.

Started by Spoonman101, Jul 01, 2014, 08:38:37 PM

Author
Robert Rodriguez "Not involved" in upcoming Predator sequel. (Read 27,450 times)

Spoonman101

Magegg

No.

Predator 4
Director: Robert Rodriguez
Rotten Tomatoes: 87%
Imdb: 7.9

Mike

Its ok though, I mean I would of loved to see a Noland Prequel which was the next intent for the sequence. But I'm ok with a new director taking the helm. I'm always up too different directors take on a franchise with a cool pro folio background on there credit. Which Shane Black has, which Nimrod Antal had, John Mc, and Stephen Hopkins. I'm up for this film. I wanna say though try doing suspense in a different way this time instead of laying off the creatures for 40 min again. it worked for Predators because Predators was a cool sort of reboot?sequel for this generation and it worked great with the scary planet setting. 

Grim

I am SO F*CKING GLAD.

Could not have had better news this day.

I absolutely abhor Predators.

Mike

I kinda wish though that Nimrod Antal was involved with the new movie some how since he hasn't had any work since Predators and he just did a Metallica short film, but thats nothing really. He also has expressed loving to do another one again since he had fun doing Predators, and he made a badass film. Predators is essescially Predator 3 Nimrod said so in a Collider interview same one above. Anyways I think a Noland prequel would of been badass. Like amazing... But I'm always open to new stories and I love this franchise and I'm so grateful to be seeing it again. Films these days take too long to come out thats why you got to appreciate what you get good or bad film. I loved Predators though, I think I watched it more times than Predator 1, thats saying something.

RakaiThwei

Rodriguez not being involved is perhaps the main reason why I am being so cautiously optimistic about this.  :)

HuDaFuK

Since he started doing kids' films, Rodriguez hasn't been the same :(

RakaiThwei

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 02, 2014, 03:18:01 PM
Since he started doing kids' films, Rodriguez hasn't been the same :(

The only movie of Rodriguez's which I actually enjoyed was the Faculty.

HuDaFuK

Ah, From Dusk Till Dawn and Desperado are two of my all-time favourites.

In fairness Sin City was also pretty awesome.

Nightmare Asylum

Not unexpected. When a direct sequel to Predators didn't happen right away I figured we wouldn't be getting one.

Can't say I'm bothered either way. I liked what Predators was going for (even though it was pretty lacking in some areas), but am also interested in seeing the series change hands. Just hoping for something fun.

Mike

Had RR & Nimrod got on the project as soon as they finished Predators, there would of been a sequel at least one before the chairman of Fox quit because I recall RR saying Fox said lets do some other ones what other ideas do you have. in other words Fox confirmed a sequel 3 years ago but Robert and Nimrod never got on it. He claims he did in 2011 but I don't know.

RakaiThwei

All I can say is.. I hope this is not set on the Predator Homeworld. Just seeing Predators getting killed on their home turf doesn't sit very well with me, and I hope that's not the direction we're going in. Thing is.. we almost had that with PREDATORS.

Shaeffer11

I always liked the idea of maybe 3 o 4 stories a la Creepshow the movie or Twilight Zone the movie- taking place in different time periods/locales

OpenMaw

That's too experimental for a film like this. Besides, given the nature of the beast it would just be bite sized, cliff notes versions of full Predator stories.

Magegg

Quote from: Shaeffer11 on Jul 02, 2014, 07:56:42 PM
I always liked the idea of maybe 3 o 4 stories a la Creepshow the movie or Twilight Zone the movie- taking place in different time periods/locales
Predators in time! (Instead of Turtles in time!) They have to make a beat 'em up video game based on that :D You could choose between:
- Cowboy Predator
- Viking Predator
- Ninja Predator
- Futuristic Predator

Yautjabunga!!  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed