New Predator Film: Dutch carry on or new plot?

Started by Thunderjack88, Jun 26, 2014, 07:11:32 PM

Author
New Predator Film: Dutch carry on or new plot? (Read 4,046 times)

HuDaFuK

Well yeah, obviously they'd have to come up with a reason for a Predator to kill him. I wasn't thinking they'd just drop out of the sky and waste him for no reason.

Master

Many wants new Predator to simply go after Arnie. I strongly dislike such idea.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Master on Aug 27, 2014, 12:19:26 PM
Many wants new Predator to simply go after Arnie. I strongly dislike such idea.

Agreed.. If you want Arnold, leave him for a cameo or mentor role. Otherwise, just leave him alone.

Magegg

Kill Dutch on-screen. That would tell us things are getting serious.

DUB1

New characters, again. Dutch's old news.

But I'd be fine with continuing Royce's story.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: DUB1 on Aug 27, 2014, 10:47:55 PMBut I'd be fine with continuing Royce's story.

While I would quite like to see them continue the Royce story some time, I think I'd prefer a Shane Black film to use Shane Black characters.

worldpeace

shane will create new characters .he could leave dutch out or not. im fine either way. im mostly concerned about the predator or predators and how they are handled from script too design and makeup effects and having proper size actors in costume.  those details make or break this movie for me.

skull-splitter

Whatever they do next, going to have Schwarzenegger go toe to toe with Predator's on their home planed is the most ridiculous idea to bring to the screen...

It just would never escape fan fiction level.

Huntsman

Arnold will never come back. That idea needs to be put to rest.

whiterabbit

Arnie will be back; if the pay check is HUGE enough... which considering the mess this movies box office is in. No Chance.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Depends on how they do it. Both the ideas from the original scripts of Predators and The Predator were bad. One had Dutch as a predator clan leader, other had Dutch leading a war against predators. Predator isn't about alien invasion and wars, its about hunt. Then again that script of Dutch on the predator homeworld was bad as well. Predators's Noland characters could have been replaced with Dutch, but that was another missed oportunity.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 27, 2014, 11:13:18 AM
Arnie was in his physical prime when they made the original film, and even then the Predator practically beat him to a pulp.

No he hasn't, he purposely lost size to make movies and to not look too unrealistic, sure he wasn't natty on Predator, but not on the same league as in his 20s. But yeah, he won't be able to get to the same level that he was on the movie as attempting it would hurt his healthy but he doesn't have to.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 27, 2014, 11:13:18 AM
The biggest problem is they're just too damn old.  Trying to have him fight one now would just be the most stupid, laughable thing ever. Danny Glover's no spring chicken either.

Don't know about Glover but Arnie started to look great for his age when he started the movies again and by default training. No human should be able to fight a predator hand to hand regardless of age, Dutch should rely on strategy and firepower to a fight a predator, he learned on his first experience that fists don't work.

On the novel Predator: Turnabout we had a old sniper take out multiple preds by camping while using clothers that hide the heat, the novel takes place on a snow location. Sure I don't like one guy killing several predators, it would work better with a one-on-one thing, or a team vs more than one predator.

Regardless its smarter for humans to not try to rely on close combat to fight predators, as long as a 70 year old Dutch doesn't try to fight Predators shirtless covered in mud using bows and spears it could work. But the way things are going, I doubt Dutch will be back. And if he does the writing and script will be bad, as that's how the writers are doing things nowadays and the character might be ruined.

skull-splitter

Thing is, it is fan fiction level and nineties sequel thinking that would make it seem great.

But then we get shit like the last scene...

Huntsman

Dutch is a good character. But I'm not sure if he even warrants a comeback. He survived the first film, but a lot of that was specific to THAT film. He managed to use the mud (which was discovered by chance) and eventually win. But are those circumstances going to occur every time? And even if they do, does it make Dutch special? These tactics are known by intelligence agencies now.

Fugitive Predator

Dutch would never work Arnold is to old
Look how the new terminator movie turned out.
He is way past his prime

Huntsman

I'd rather Dutch be a man who fought a Predator and won. He carries bad memories of the incident (his crew wiped out) and has tried to live a low key life ever since.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed