Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL!

Started by Lemonade, Jun 25, 2014, 10:17:16 PM

Author
Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL! (Read 191,160 times)

Spoonman101

Spoonman101

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 04, 2014, 04:11:00 PM
Quote from: Spoonman101 on Jul 04, 2014, 11:10:53 AM
You guys.... It's a movie.... Come on...

Yeah, what are we? A bunch of nerds?
Another pragmatism vs theory thread?

Wrecktangle

Wrecktangle

I have to admit, I was quite ecstatic upon learning the news. It has been quite a while, and it'll be good to see the Predator doing what it does best on the big screen. Shane Black is quite talented and in his hands I am quite optimistic of the direction this next feature will take.  :)

Johnny Handsome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-VwVAuDLOA#ws

I just watched this interview from 2013, and Shane is asked if he would direkt another Predator movie (i wonder if Fox watched this).

What i think is interesting, is that he is saying that it has to be a Predator story that needs to be told... well, obviously he found an answer to that, because he also says that Predator doesn't need another film (which is right), so i wonder what made him think otherwise.

Master

Master

I`d love it to be spiritual continuation of P2. Basicly what Harrigan said to Garber at the end.

Shinobi Wan Kenobi

Quote from: Master on Jul 15, 2014, 08:19:42 PM
I`d love it to be spiritual continuation of P2. Basicly what Harrigan said to Garber at the end.

It's been awhile.... what'd he say again?

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Shadow Lurker on Jul 16, 2014, 04:24:47 PM
It's been awhile.... what'd he say again?

"Don't worry asshole, you'll get another chance."

Nacho loury crespo

I hope there is a clan battle and there would be bad bloods

worldpeace

worldpeace

any idea as to a release date? i hope in the next 2 years.

Hudson

Hudson

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jul 15, 2014, 05:30:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-VwVAuDLOA#ws

I just watched this interview from 2013, and Shane is asked if he would direkt another Predator movie (i wonder if Fox watched this).

What i think is interesting, is that he is saying that it has to be a Predator story that needs to be told... well, obviously he found an answer to that, because he also says that Predator doesn't need another film (which is right), so i wonder what made him think otherwise.

Holy crap his voice is way deeper now.....

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Quote from: Master on Jul 15, 2014, 08:19:42 PM

Totally agree, I'd love it if they would actually depict a modern incarnation of that former keyes/ now Garber team.

worldpeace

worldpeace

is it a good sign that this movie feels unrushed and has no release date. ? i think it means it's getting proper treatment and scheduling  to insure a quality motion picture . ? im excited for all the production details we will learn eventually ..   

eggo waffles with butter and maple syrup . im hungry.

Hudson

Hudson

Quote from: worldpeace on Aug 17, 2014, 11:14:16 AM
is it a good sign that this movie feels unrushed and has no release date. ? i think it means it's getting proper treatment and scheduling  to insure a quality motion picture . ? im excited for all the production details we will learn eventually ..   

eggo waffles with butter and maple syrup . im hungry.

Just wait for them to go down the Prometheus route and realize they have something that transcends Predator. Then they release some story that's peripheral to the franchise, but still somehow linked to it.

blood.

blood.

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Jul 07, 2014, 04:09:53 AM
The fact of the matter is, any way you cut it, there is going to be fans, critics, and casual movie-goers who are going to criticize or downright hate the film for being either too different or too similar to the original. That's just how it is.

Likewise, there will be those the enjoy or love it for being similar or different.

It's fine to copy something that's proven to work well, but when the only good ideas in a film were directly taken from the original and not even done as well then the movie simply sucks.

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: bloodinthemud on Aug 19, 2014, 07:47:40 AM
Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Jul 07, 2014, 04:09:53 AM
The fact of the matter is, any way you cut it, there is going to be fans, critics, and casual movie-goers who are going to criticize or downright hate the film for being either too different or too similar to the original. That's just how it is.

Likewise, there will be those the enjoy or love it for being similar or different.

It's fine to copy something that's proven to work well, but when the only good ideas in a film were directly taken from the original and not even done as well then the movie simply sucks.
Agreed.

Liberator

Liberator

I have confidence Mr. Black will make a great entry in the series.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed