Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL!

Started by Lemonade, Jun 25, 2014, 10:17:16 PM

Author
Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL! (Read 191,130 times)

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

I always wondered why they messed up consistency with the Preds' unmasked IR vision in Predator 2. I'm guessing it was probably due to either budget constraint, or a lack of attention to detail. :-\

Master

Master

It was fukced up partialy. It is very possible Predator would see like that in cold storage.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

It's called ElmStreet5Director-itis.

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: Master on Jul 03, 2014, 07:33:39 PM
It was fukced up partialy. It is very possible Predator would see like that in cold storage.
I remember the film showing it when him and Harrigan were dueling in the ship, too.

Perhaps he was wearing some really advanced Pred contacts. :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Jul 03, 2014, 07:23:01 PMI always wondered why they messed up consistency with the Preds' unmasked IR vision in Predator 2. I'm guessing it was probably due to either budget constraint, or a lack of attention to detail. :-\
The latter.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 03, 2014, 07:04:03 PM
Yes, we'll just ignore the fact his eyes should be glowing red hot in thermal vision.

Does it really bother you that much. I mean...Really?  :laugh:

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Jul 03, 2014, 07:23:01 PM
I always wondered why they messed up consistency with the Preds' unmasked IR vision in Predator 2. I'm guessing it was probably due to either budget constraint, or a lack of attention to detail. :-\

Considering it's a cold building, with dead meat everywhere, at night, and it was just doused in cold water, and had cryo-guns spraying all over the place, I can totally buy that the predator's natural vision would look like it's masked version.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 03, 2014, 08:30:56 PM
Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Jul 03, 2014, 07:23:01 PM

Considering it's a cold building, with dead meat everywhere, at night, and it was just doused in cold water, and had cryo-guns spraying all over the place, I can totally buy that the predator's natural vision would look like it's masked version.
What about when they're in the ship? I'd have to go with HuDaFuK. It's most likely an oversight.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Maybe one of the Predator's left the air conditioning on, again...

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 03, 2014, 11:51:33 PM
Maybe one of the Predator's left the air conditioning on, again...
The electric bill is going to be murder. :o :laugh:

SiL

SiL

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 03, 2014, 09:11:17 AM
The mask clearly filters and amplifies the infra-red spectrum to make it easier to discern, sure. But you're idea that it completely ignores mud just because the Predators programmed it to is, with all due respect, stupid.
And yet, supported by the film!

QuoteDid they come to Earth beforehand and grab some mud to sample? What if the mud came straight out of a fridge?
Or much simpler, it's keying living things in, and everything else out. It doesn't need to sample mud, just people. And they've done that plenty.

QuoteWhat if Dutch built a house out of mud bricks to hide in?
Dutch could build a house out of anything opaque and hide from a Predator. He could stand behind a particularly broad tree and disappear.

QuoteI'm not even sure why you're so desperate to justify this obviously stupid plot point anyway.
I'm not "desperately" doing anything. Just musing. Why are you getting antsy that I'd try to explain what's seen in the film?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

It's just a plot contrivance. Simple as.

It's like trying to explain why the Alien's blood doesn't melt through the harpoon cable Ripley shoots it with at the end of Alien. It doesn't make any sense, but it is that way because the script says so.

Spoonman101

Spoonman101

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 04, 2014, 07:36:50 AM
No.... It was a plot interval... That lead to yet another Weyland Effect..

SPOONMAN OUT!

*Ninja Smoke!*

"PUFFFFF"

...weed everyday

SiL

SiL

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 04, 2014, 07:36:50 AM
Cool. And?

QuoteIt's like trying to explain why the Alien's blood doesn't melt through the harpoon cable Ripley shoots it with at the end of Alien. It doesn't make any sense, but it is that way because the script says so.
Actually the script says the acid does eat at the harpoon.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SiL on Jul 04, 2014, 08:29:40 AMCool. And?

And it's not meant to be explained, because it just makes no sense.

Quote from: SiL on Jul 04, 2014, 08:29:40 AMActually the script says the acid does eat at the harpoon.

That's very nice. The film shows us it doesn't. It's hanging on the end of that thing for about a minute. A tiny splash of blood burned through two entire decks of the Nostromo in half that time.

Master

Master

Acid of adult Alien is not as potent as the one of  facehugger. It was shown in Aliens.

Also Predator equipment doesn't seem to record heat signature other then filtered ones. Background heat signiture is nullified and all other that are not 100% marked as living creature.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed