Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL!

Started by Lemonade, Jun 25, 2014, 10:17:16 PM

Author
Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL! (Read 191,164 times)

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Not in the least bit surprised. I'm fine with a sequel. I hate reboots/remakes of the 2010s variety, anyway. COUGH-ROBOCOP-COUGH-TMNT-COUGH!

TEDDSK33T

TEDDSK33T

Yay i can sleep at night he isnt going to destroy the franchise !!!!:)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I think RR is likely not to come back this time. I do think Fox plans to have the movie to come out in 2017 for the 30th anniversary.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Magegg on Jun 26, 2014, 12:04:58 AM
But if the events on a movie don't have direct repercursion on the next, then who cares if they call it a sequel or a reboot or a self-contained movie, LOL.

Largely, people don't. But if something is declared as a remake/reboot/'reimagining', from the outset, then it's usually an indicator that the end result will feel at liberty to ignore the continuity and contradict what's come before it.

Whether or not that's necessarily a good thing depends on what kind of a gamble it is... It's like making a new 'Alien' film which declares the third and fourth movies were just dreams: Potentially interesting, but if it turns out to be a vastly inferior product to both of them, what's the point?

Now that we've got confirmation, however, this won't apply here.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jun 26, 2014, 12:46:43 AM
COUGH-ROBOCOP-COUGH-TMNT-COUGH!

TMNT I can understand.. But what was wrong with Robocop?

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jun 26, 2014, 12:30:08 AMSo that whole team hunting the Pred based on the info they got from the previous movie have no connection?
LOL, I didn't even remember that. I watched for last time the movie like 7 or 8 years ago, and I didn't like it much so I haven't feel the need of watching it again, I don't remember much of the movie.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

So glad this is going to be a sequel and that Black has respect for the Predator mythos. I assume it will still be stand-alone and only acknowledge events of the previous films in passing, if at all. 

Magegg

Magegg

Meh, I don't want to keep on with this discussion, and I don't care about the "sequel" or "reboot" terms, I will just call it "a new Predator movie"  :laugh:

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I guess Fox's line up will be:

2016: Prometheus 2
2017: Predators 2/Predator 4
2019 or 2020: Alien 5 or Prometheus 3

At this rate, I think Fox is done with AVP for good.

First Blood

First Blood

Hawkins will finally get the justice he deserves.

Seriously great news. I look forward to seeing the cast he pulls together.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: RidgeTop on Jun 26, 2014, 01:32:57 AM
So glad this is going to be a sequel and that Black has respect for the Predator mythos. I assume it will still be stand-alone and only acknowledge events of the previous films in passing, if at all.

I am probably the only one who is disappointed that this isn't a reboot, but I can say that I am relieved that it's not Rodriguez or Antal at the helm again. What kind of sequel this movie will be remains to be seen, and what Black and Dekker's ideas are simply is left up to the imagination at this point. I just hope they stay true to the first two movies anyway.

I wouldn't mind this movie being a stand alone but I hope it doesn't reference or connect with PREDATORS. It's likely that it won't but I suppose that is wishful thinking.

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jun 26, 2014, 02:05:37 AM
At this rate, I think Fox is done with AVP for good.

Which is a shame because the AVP universe could've had at least one more movie to perhaps redeem the franchise but apparently, abandoning ship was on Fox's mind.

keith conrad

keith conrad

Great news for us Predator fans I believe if this goes well maybe he can help write and direct a good Alien vs Predator movie as well

Nightmare Asylum

Sequel, reboot, whatever word they use doesn't bother me at all. Odds are, whether it is labeled as a sequel or reboot it's going to follow an all new cast of characters and maybe Arnie now that he's returned to acting.

Lemonade

Lemonade

Wahhhh they aren't using the word I like >:(

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

It's be funny if the movie starts out with predators but then becomes something else. Just like Prometheus did. Then at the end they throw a predator in at the last minute of the movie.  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed