Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL!

Started by Lemonade, Jun 25, 2014, 10:17:16 PM

Author
Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL! (Read 191,112 times)

Spoonman101

Spoonman101

Quote from: Lemonade on Jun 26, 2014, 12:32:34 AM
Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jun 26, 2014, 12:30:08 AM
Quote from: Magegg on Jun 26, 2014, 12:04:58 AM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 25, 2014, 11:59:00 PMIf something is set in the same continuity and after the previous effort, then it's a sequel. It's irrelevant whether the former events are referenced. Continuity is what matters.
But if the events on a movie don't have direct repercursion on the next, then who cares if they call it a sequel or a reboot or a self-contained movie, LOL.

So that whole team hunting the Pred based on the info they got from the previous movie have no connection?

Man, sometimes you have to wonder who you're talking to, or whether what you're saying is going through, or if you should just give up LOL.

Dude, you could take out the part where they mention Dutch and his team in Predator 2, and it would NOT affect the movie (Predator 2) AT ALL. Keyes could've easily said they heard about this f**king race of aliens from NASA. Hahahaha Christ.
Lemon Juice settle down!
You're acting like this is a bloody football game! Hahahaha!

I'm loving the news!
I wonder when they will start on production, apparently I heard Black is working on a show called "The Good Guys." With Ryan Gosling
Sigh*** Ryan Gosling, what an arian dreamboat...

Lemonade

Lemonade

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jun 26, 2014, 03:01:14 AM
It's be funny if the movie starts out with predators but then becomes something else. Just like Prometheus did. Then at the end they throw a predator in at the last minute of the movie.  :laugh:

"Shane Black No Longer Directing Predator Sequel; Project Morphs Into Zeus.

The movie will have strands of Predator DNA, but will stand alone as an original science fiction film."

Inverse Effect

Much better.  ;D

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Lemonade on Jun 26, 2014, 03:06:38 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Jun 26, 2014, 03:01:14 AM
It's be funny if the movie starts out with predators but then becomes something else. Just like Prometheus did. Then at the end they throw a predator in at the last minute of the movie.  :laugh:

"Shane Black No Longer Directing Predator Sequel; Project Morphs Into Zeus.

The movie will have strands of Predator DNA, but will stand alone as an original science fiction film."

PREDATHEUS: "what I want to do is scare the living shit out of you"

Lemonade

Lemonade

By page 35 there were already mandibles, spears, wristblades, all the familiar tropes one comes to expect when watching a Predator movie.

BlackMatter169

I'll be interested to see what new route this sequel will go. I kinda hope we get a more fleshed out version of Predators, because the idea of the Preds dropping game onto a planet in a free-for-all kind of hunt was a great concept, just difficult to pull off with the budget Predators had. I'd love to see more alien prey. "Shit you wouldn't believe." as Nolan said.

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Quote from: Magegg on Jun 25, 2014, 10:31:48 PM
If you count none of the Predator movies featured the same characters, it doesn't really matter that they say it's a sequel or a reboot  ::)

I simply didn't want it to be a remake of the original film, so I'm glad to hear that it's continuing the predator lore rather than reinventing it. It means he will stick to the basic predator backdrop: Live for the kill, the hunt, honor, kill only worthy opponents, etc...

So yeah I'm quite relieved and happy.

Now I just hope he doesn't bring super predators into this XD Or even worse, hyper predators  ::)   :o

I don't think this movie needs to be in space, sure that's an option. But I would rather that they made his first movie back on earth, either different time period (past or future) or Something in the climate like Afghanistan/Iraq/Syria/Lybia.

But yeah, seeing the predator homeworld would be really sweet. Like I said, I don't mind a predator movie that's more sci-fi and action than horror. I never understood why people had a problem with AvP because it was PG... that was the movie's least problem.

But you know what is the most important thing mister Black? Get back Alan Silvestri to write the score. He took the score of predator 1 and made it even greater in predator 2 with the tribal elements, I'm sure in this 3rd movie he'd blow our minds again.

happypred

happypred

Quote from: Hudson on Jun 25, 2014, 11:39:00 PMAnyway, I've gotta say I'm pretty excited, but I'm now in the same place I was in 2004, 2007, 2010, and 2012. I was disappointed all four times.

I'd add 2009 to the list (sh*tty comic series) and 2010 was a double disappointment. Mediocre movie (Predators) and mediocre game (AvP 2010). 2013 gave us a garbage game (A:CM).

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: happypred on Jun 26, 2014, 06:45:23 AM
Mediocre movie (Predators) and mediocre game (AvP 2010).

I'll agree with you on PREDATORS.. I hope the new movie ignores it, or knocks it out entirely. As for AVP2010.. I'd have to disagree with you on that.

Quote from: Tangakkai on Jun 26, 2014, 06:32:29 AM
It means he will stick to the basic predator backdrop: Live for the kill, the hunt, honor, kill only worthy opponents, etc...

I am hoping Black and Dekker keep those elements. But of course there are plenty of fans that say that Predators having honor is more of a fanon concept.. Ironically enough, Rodriguez even admitted that they do in a video interview.

Now I just hope he doesn't bring super predators into this XD Or even worse, hyper predators  ::)   :o

Agreed.

I don't think this movie needs to be in space, sure that's an option. But I would rather that they made his first movie back on earth, either different time period (past or future) or Something in the climate like Afghanistan/Iraq/Syria/Lybia.

Agreed.

But yeah, seeing the predator homeworld would be really sweet.

We already saw the Predator homeworld in AvP-R. But fanon discontinuity dictates that it's a colonized world, not the homeworld. Take that as you will.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jun 26, 2014, 02:05:37 AM
I guess Fox's line up will be:

2016: Prometheus 2
2017: Predators 2/Predator 4
2019 or 2020: Alien 5 or Prometheus 3

At this rate, I think Fox is done with AVP for good.

I suspect we'll get another AVP eventually. Predators came out 20 years after Predator 2. It's bound to happen, they're just letting people forget about the last two first.

Also, I think we're more likely to see this new Predator film before we see Prometheus 2.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 26, 2014, 06:48:39 AM
I am hoping Black and Dekker keep those elements.

I love that.

I'm very happy it's not a reboot. I much prefer a sequel and whilst I really enjoyed Predators, I'm not oblivious to the flaws but I don't hate it as much as most people - it's why I keep out of this board typically, because I just don't agree with most Predator fans.

I would like to see some more developments to the franchise. It's going to get boring if they just do the same thing. The Predator series is the most versatile of the lot - they can go back in time and fight Vikings, they can be Jack the Ripper, they can be in WW1/2 or Iraq. Or they could go in the future and be in WW3, off-world somewhere. I'm not too sure what I'd like to see but if it is future/other planet, I'd like to see a more significant presence of another alien species.

And I'm so desperate for a reboot of AvP. Something that completely ignores AvP/R and does it right.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

In regards to Jack The Ripper...I don't think they can possibly be that. An entire movie where a Predator is mutilating the hell out of women? Or maybe I guess it's possible we get a detective story where a Predator is hunting down Jack The Ripper after he notices the mutilation of the women and decides to take this bastard out, which I guess at the end of the movie we'll see the Predator indeed killing him which will then be movie logic to explain why he disappeared.

That works. Woor.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 26, 2014, 07:20:47 AM
I love that.

Glad to know that you do! It's kind of a pun on their last names! Heh heh! Black and Dekker!

I'm very happy it's not a reboot. I much prefer a sequel and whilst I really enjoyed Predators, I'm not oblivious to the flaws but I don't hate it as much as most people - it's why I keep out of this board typically, because I just don't agree with most Predator fans.

I actually had been hoping that this would've been a straight up reboot. I know reboots are not often viewed with favor, but really I don't always see them as a bad thing and they could be considered something as their own universe and their own canon. I will say that no, a reboot wouldn't have ruined the original movie or the franchise as a whole. It would've given fans a lot more of a choice to choose as far as continuity goes and it would've established it's own canon. Reboots aren't always a bad thing, people and they don't ruin ruin the original.

Fans need to take the approach similarly to how Alan Moore looks at adaptations of his works. When he was asked about his thoughts on the Watchmen movie and if it had ruined his work, he simply pointed to the book and said: "Do you see that? It's still there. It's on my shelf, and I can still read it."

I'm probably the only one disappointed that this isn't a reboot, but that's not to say I'm not on board. Au contraire, I am on board but rather quite cautiously might I say, especially after PREDATORS. I just hope that Black and Dekker know what they're doing, so right now I'm having a wait and see attitude towards this until more news comes out.

I just hope that the ideas he comes up with are ones which I agree with. I have some hopes for Black and Dekker!

Don't fail me, boys! I've a lot of emotional investment in the Predator character and franchise!

I would like to see some more developments to the franchise. It's going to get boring if they just do the same thing. The Predator series is the most versatile of the lot - they can go back in time and fight Vikings, they can be Jack the Ripper, they can be in WW1/2 or Iraq. Or they could go in the future and be in WW3, off-world somewhere. I'm not too sure what I'd like to see but if it is future/other planet, I'd like to see a more significant presence of another alien species.

When you say go back in time, do you mean via time travel or set as a movie that is set within a particular setting? I mean I would love to see a Predator movie that is set in the past, be it in the middle ages, the renaissance, feudal Japan or even be set in the future-- though Predator 2 sort of took that route in a sense but a far flung future. Preferably one which is not the same future as the Alien timeline, and this is coming from someone who likes his Aliens and Predators together but considering how muddled th continuity is, I'd rather see the three franchises (I'm counting AvP too) set as their own individual timelines and universes.

As for an alien species.. I will give PREDATORS some credit. The idea of seeing other aliens aside from Xenomorphs was a good idea but it was just executed poorly in my opinion. If we're going to see anymore alien creatures, I'd rather they not be Engineers or Xenomorphs. Keep Engineers in Prometheus/Alien, and keep the Xenomorphs in Alien/AvP.

And I'm so desperate for a reboot of AvP. Something that completely ignores AvP/R and does it right.

If one were to reboot AvP, how could it even be done? Would it render the old AvP movies as an AU and should they be treated as such (I have no problem if they were officially declared an AU or alternate timeline, infact.. I welcome that. Everybody wins.) and the reboot movies be considered the mainstream AvP? Which movies should these hypothetical reboot AvPs acknowledge as far as Predator goes?

Either way, Fox doesn't seem to want to try their hands at AvP for a long, long time if ever at all.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: RidgeTop on Jun 26, 2014, 07:18:34 AM

Also, I think we're more likely to see this new Predator film before we see Prometheus 2.

Prometheus 2 comes out March 2016. I doubt Predator 4 will be out by 2015 or early 2016. Maybe late 2016, but I see 2017 happening for the new film. Predators prove that people were still up for another solo film after the AVP movies.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Speaking of AvP: I always had this idea of a scene in a sequel that continued on after the AvP movies, where we actually get an explanation as to why the Aliens from both AvP films were just basically cannon fodder without any of the actual sneaky wit they had in the previous movies. It had something to do with how the Preds were basically forcing the Queen to lay eggs, something or other about how that, and whatever other kind of manipulation the Preds did would end up making the aliens less of a threat than they actually are in the films prior to AvP.

Then I thought how insane that actually is to try and come up with an excuse for the way the Aliens were portrayed in those movies.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed