Guy Pearce would be open to returning as Weyland

Started by Lemonade, Jun 18, 2014, 07:38:47 PM

Author
Guy Pearce would be open to returning as Weyland (Read 24,277 times)

Lemonade

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/18/prometheus-2-could-peter-weyland-return?abthid=53a1e1972a24e09f32000022

Fantastic news. I always felt his character was wasted, and he should have been one of the main ones, along with Shaw and David.

Blacklabel

He's open to collecting a new paycheck. Of course. :P

Immortan Jonesy

Weyland 8, made with some Deacon's DNA :p

hfeldhaus

he could play the next generation of android from weyland, the first bishop so to speak

Corporal Hicks

I did like Guy Pearce - more in the TED talk stuff than in the actual film itself though. I would happily welcome him back as an android (no age makeup) and that'd play into his immorality angle (something they really didn't build up enough to be convincing for me in the film).

worldpeace

perhaps weylands consciousness will exist through technology . ?

whiterabbit

Maybe when the Juggernaut crashed some of the jars containing the black goo cracked and weylands dead body rolled into it.

SM

Don't think the goo is going to bring him back from the dead.

Maybe Ford had one of them electro nervous system trickers and Weyland fell on it...

Kimarhi

I imagine it will be an AvP2 Eisenburg kind of deal where they transferred Eiseberg's consciousness to an Android body. 

SM

Hope not...

Lemonade

I hope the only android in Prometheus 2 is David. Well, multiple Davids. And one of them is evil. Maybe we can finally have the 'nefarious David affixing a facehugger to someone's face' moment.

SM

The first one wasn't exactly good.

Lemonade

That's what I love about that movie, actually. Lindelof really took the approach of "well, he's not technically good or bad, he's a robot". Whereas Ash was obviously bad, and Bishop obviously good.

In any event, I can't picture original David attaching a facehugger to somebody's face. I think David is sincere in his fascination with Shaw, and will take her where she wants to go.

SM

Ash was following orders just like David.

Kimarhi

Quote from: SM on Jun 19, 2014, 09:54:52 PM
Hope not...

Only way I can see it working without being tacky as f**k.

Unless Pierce is just another android without old weyland's memories, I'd be down with that I suppose. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed