The Spooky Stuff Thread

Started by Cvalda, Jun 17, 2014, 06:16:30 AM

Author
The Spooky Stuff Thread (Read 47,419 times)

tavianini19

tavianini19

Quote from: Kimarhi on Oct 17, 2014, 10:36:05 PM
When Jesus meets John Carpenter's the Thing.
Jesus Christ's The Thing

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ3qzoy5IHg#ws

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FizjpMYe1U#ws

Quote from io9:

QuoteThe Hessdalen Lights appear regularly in the sky above the Hessdalen valley in Norway. Unlike many "phantom light" phenomena, they can't be explained away as headlights or passing planes. These lights form different shapes, including helices. Usually they are rough ball shapes. Sometimes they spit out smaller balls that go zooming around the sky.

What is it that causes these lights? There are quite a few theories, but one is pretty disturbing. They could be what's known as "coulomb crystals." These crystals form in plasma. Scientists have mostly created them from calcium particles. They change shape depending on their impurities. One of the shapes they form is a helix.

That's not the disturbing part. What's disturbing is what could be creating the plasma that creates the crystals. Scientists exploring a site near where a large light was seen found an increased level of radiation coming from the rocks. They believe that radon gets into the atmosphere by adhering to dust particles. Radon decays, sending out alpha particles. Alpha particles are two protons and two neutrons - a helium nucleus. Alpha particles aren't dangerous when they're ejected by a source outside the body. Inside the body they can do damage, causing cancer in the linings of the lungs and the digestive tract. If radon is on atmospheric dust, there's a chance people are inhaling it.

So I guess we should hope that it's aliens causing the lights.

Some extra information

Aspie

Aspie

Funny from the outside looking in:

But I would've probably shat myself

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Sweeps is officially spooked

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Its cold, it's dark, the wind is howling, I'm the only one in the too building, the automated lights keep coming on by themselves, and I'm stuck on radio watch

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

http://io9.com/meet-the-amateur-sleuth-whos-about-to-unmask-the-zodiac-1653309199

QuoteWith everything I know about the case, I believe the Zodiac is Richard Gaikowski. He was a San Francisco artist. There are a million and one things that point to him, but the most damning bit of information is simply the way the original three-part code [mailed in separate segments by the killer in 1969] was solved.

QuoteYou can see Gaikowski's nickname, G-Y-K-E. When the cipher is solved using a key, it turns out that GYKE is actually the last four letters of the word "because," in the phrase "I will not give you my name because you will try to stop me from killing." All three syllables of his name are given [across the three ciphers], but the GYKE portion was only included with the letter in which Zodiac wrote "In this code is my identity."

It sounds complicated, but I have visuals on the site that explain it. It's really stunning, and the odds of that being random, with all the other coincidences about Gaikowski ... I just think the odds are against it.

http://www.zodiackiller.com/SuspectGaikowski.html

QuoteNancy Slover, the police dispatcher who spoke with the Zodiac in July 1969, has identified Gaikowski's voice as being the same as the Zodiac's voice.

...holy crap.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

His f**king mugshot...holy shit.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Holy thread necro batman!

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

It's like the dogs in Ghostbusters (zuul)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed