The E3 2014 Thread - Trailer, Screenshots & Demo Footage Inside

Started by ikarop, Jun 02, 2014, 04:16:51 PM

Author
The E3 2014 Thread - Trailer, Screenshots & Demo Footage Inside (Read 106,921 times)

OpenMaw

Quote from: SM on Jun 20, 2014, 10:41:45 PM
It's been like that since the first time we saw it, they've explained why they made it like that and they're not going to change it with less than four months till release.

Yeah, I know, and I... I don't care. :) I do not like the changes, and I don't agree with their conclusions regarding the animation of the creature.

Oh, and, four months? That's about three months more time then it would take to change the legs, and two months more than needed to redo animations.

Also, it was never an issue in AVP 99 or AVP 2 to get the aliens to animate smooth and run fast with biped legs. Never once had I heard anyone remark on the Aliens in 99 being "goofy" when they tore down a haul and ate a marines face off their face.

Salt The Fries

Quote from: Blacklabel on Jun 20, 2014, 11:44:51 PM
Back in 79 Giger and Ridley had their problems getting the original Alien suit to run without having it look "silly".

Guys working on Alien Isolation "ran" into this problem again and solved it by giving it digitigrade legs.

I'm getting more used to them. :P Dont mind them, now.
The thing is - in the film the creature was rarely shown in a full shot, and even when it was, then it lasted fractions of seconds. So, creators of Alien: Isolation had a bit of a challenge to overcome here as Alien is bound to be shown in its full animated glory.

Crazy Rich

I'm not that bothered by the legs, it may not be movie accurate yet in-game it just makes sense, it's a necessary compromise so that the alien can move around without being derpy when it's running around. These "dino legs" as some call them offer a lot more flexibility with what you can do with the alien.

Salt The Fries

It's still a towering, menacing creature, alright.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 21, 2014, 12:39:58 AM
Also, it was never an issue in AVP 99 or AVP 2 to get the aliens to animate smooth and run fast with biped legs. Never once had I heard anyone remark on the Aliens in 99 being "goofy" when they tore down a haul and ate a marines face off their face.

I've never seen them run, personally. They just appeared. :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed