The E3 2014 Thread - Trailer, Screenshots & Demo Footage Inside

Started by ikarop, Jun 02, 2014, 04:16:51 PM

Author
The E3 2014 Thread - Trailer, Screenshots & Demo Footage Inside (Read 106,961 times)

Seegson

Quote from: WinterActual on Jun 18, 2014, 04:02:31 PM
You must be new to the gaming.

No, im just new to the word

Vakarian

In video games backtracking is when you have to move through 'finished' areas which you already went through to be able to progress.

Adam802

I personally love the idea of going back to previous areas whenever u want "bioshock 1 style".  Maybe u can find keys to unlock hidden areas that u couldn't access the 1st time. 

Seegson

So its just Bioshock style, thx!

Mr. Clemens

I hope we have the run of the place. I hate it when a game says, "no, you can't go there now. Why not? Because you're here now!"  :-\

ikarop

Snark

Corporal Hicks

I wouldn't bank on it. One of the death animations is tail through the chest.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

I see they nicked ACM's grain filter. Or are those unofficial screenshots taken on a phone?

ikarop

They are just low res.

OpenMaw

It's a fan-wank moment, but I really do hope they tweak the Alien design and bring it closer to the original creature. Assuming there isn't a narrative reason for it to look distinct. It would just be nice if for a change the creature looked exactly as it did in one of the films, and not be tweaked with those dino-legs.

Corporal Hicks

They wont get rid of the legs. They like those jointed one better as they prefer the fluid look they get from its movement.

RagingDragon

I personally hate the digitigrade legs. Makes the Alien look like it was born out of some bad furry fan art. :laugh:

The rest looks ace, though. I love the size. It just looks huge.

SM

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 20, 2014, 10:57:13 AM
It's a fan-wank moment, but I really do hope they tweak the Alien design and bring it closer to the original creature. Assuming there isn't a narrative reason for it to look distinct. It would just be nice if for a change the creature looked exactly as it did in one of the films, and not be tweaked with those dino-legs.

It's been like that since the first time we saw it, they've explained why they made it like that and they're not going to change it with less than four months till release.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Back in 79 Giger and Ridley had their problems getting the original Alien suit to run without having it look "silly".

Guys working on Alien Isolation "ran" into this problem again and solved it by giving it digitigrade legs.

I'm getting more used to them. :P Dont mind them, now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed