The E3 2014 Thread - Trailer, Screenshots & Demo Footage Inside

Started by ikarop, Jun 02, 2014, 04:16:51 PM

Author
The E3 2014 Thread - Trailer, Screenshots & Demo Footage Inside (Read 106,928 times)

Sadogoat

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 13, 2014, 11:30:20 AM
Quote from: Salt The Fries on Jun 13, 2014, 11:19:02 AM
do you think this is the ORIGINAL Alien from the movie? The premise says that the blackbox from Nostromo got to Sevastopol, so I'm thinking it might have drifted along with the Alien who was shown to withstand the vacuum, right?

I'm half expecting that myself.

As unlikely as that sounds, I'd have to assume CA are applying artistic liberties with the creature since it has obvious design differences from Giger's original xenomorph (eg. hands and feet).

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Quote from: Sadogoat on Jun 13, 2014, 11:33:15 AM
do you think this is the ORIGINAL Alien from the movie? The premise says that the blackbox from Nostromo got to Sevastopol, so I'm thinking it might have drifted along with the Alien who was shown to withstand the vacuum, right?

As unlikely as that sounds, I'd have to assume CA are applying artistic liberties with the creature since it has obvious design differences from Giger's original xenomorph (eg. hands and feet).

There's been some evidence that their design used to be a facsimile and only changed a bit just recently.

But like I said any liberties they're taking don't concern me, we all know this is as close to release date as it gets, there won't be any U-Turn just like with Colonial Marines, and any fanboy-ish speculation about changing this or that pixel doesn't really interest me.

WinterActual

Ok then, I will accept that the xenos are immortal creatures that cannot be harmed unless you have a pulse rifle or smartgun or fire a shotgun in their mouth.... Basically thats your logic.

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Jun 13, 2014, 11:15:15 AM
and has a really small clip size, like 3 or 6 bullets (well, technically it's a revolver by the name, so it should hold 6).

Which means it have big rounds. There are .22 revolvers with drum capable of holding 9 or 12 bullets but if the revolver is using .45 it will probably have just 6 holes. So having 3 or 6 bullets tops, means that revolver packs a punch.

But its not a big deal. I just don't believe that the xenos can not be killed. If its not breaking certain parts of the game making it impossible to beat, somebody will make a mod that enables the killing of the xeno  :laugh:

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Quote from: WinterActual on Jun 13, 2014, 11:46:53 AM
Ok then, I will accept that the xenos are immortal creatures that cannot be harmed unless you have a pulse rifle or smartgun or fire a shotgun in their mouth.... http://www.themesshall.net/forum/images/smilies/lolwutem6.gif Basically thats your logic.

and has a really small clip size, like 3 or 6 bullets (well, technically it's a revolver by the name, so it should hold 6).

Which means it have big rounds. There are .22 revolvers with drum capable of holding 9 or 12 bullets but if the revolver is using .45 it will probably have just 6 holes. So having 3 or 6 bullets tops, means that revolver packs a punch.

But its not a big deal. I just don't believe that the xenos can not be killed. If its not breaking certain parts of the game making it impossible to beat, somebody will make a mod that enables the killing of the xeno  :laugh:
The revolver isn't even capable of killing an android, plus do you think a clunky chunky revolver aimed by a person who is not a soldier would stand a chance against relentless and ever agile Xeno?

Lol, it'd be as easy as:

OpenMaw

Yes, that was the intention, but why is this convo still going? It's clear from the materials hitherto shown that neither this rudimentary revolver nor flamethrower (which by the way lasts like 3 blasts till it's completely empty) could EVER kill the creature.

I have no issue with them not harming the Alien, or at the very least only discouraging it for awhile. I had the same idea of a flamethrower that just stunned the alien in A:ITV. My issue is more with those who keep saying, as if it were a fact, that the alien had God mode in Ridley's film. O'Bannon wouldn't have festered over finding a means to keep it alive if he intended for it to be unstoppable.

I actually asked if we had heard anything on this very point. I'm assuming we'll figure that point out by some means within the game itself. It would be a bit silly not to tell us.

It will certainly be interesting to learn just where the beast came from.  :)

Sadogoat

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 13, 2014, 11:58:21 AMIt will certainly be interesting to learn just where the beast came from.  :)

As long as it's not some ridiculously contrived plot point like Hicks' bizarre survival in A:CM.

My first thoughts when I heard of Alien: Isolation's storyline was "Why the hell do they have tie it to the films by adding Ripley's daughter?". If they'd left Amanda out of the picture and created an entirely new protagonist, they could pretty much come up with any explanation as to why another Alien has come into contact with humankind. Maybe picked it up on a derelict freighter while on a deep-space salvage, for example.

Corporal Hicks

That seems to be the big mystery though - where the Alien is from. I still think it'll be the original one - even with the design changes. It's not like design changes were ever addressed (other than A3). Don't get me wrong, there's reasons as to why the design is different in some films but aside from A3, it was never addressed on film. Bit of retcon FTW.

As for it having God-mode, I really don't think they're saying it couldn't be killed at all. Just what the Nostromo crew (and you here) have available isn't enough. We never saw the flamethrower used against one of them so we don't really know how it'd effect them and the only time we see pistols do damage is close range (or explosive rounds from the looks of it in AR).

Predatorium

I'm surprised by how many of you that think this is the same alien that's in the first movie? That's just silly and totally unbelievable. The odds of the alien drifting around in space for 15 years and managing to drift right into the path of humans in space where there is like an infinite amount of directions to go...Comooon.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

I agree with Predatorium. Even if it could survive in a vacuum for that long it's statistically improbable to ever encounter anything for millenia. It will eventually fall into a star perhaps after a few centuries.

It would be outright silly for CA to try and shoe-horn-in the original alien when they still have a whole shipload full of eggs to get a new Xeno from.

If they found the Nostromo's flight recorder then they will most likely have the co-ordinates where it last set down. I'm sure Seegson would be curious to see what a converted WY M-class starcruiser was doing out in the sticks.

Predatorium

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 13, 2014, 01:30:11 PM
I agree with Predatorium. Even if it could survive in a vacuum for that long it's statistically improbable to ever encounter anything for millenia. It will eventually fall into a star perhaps after a few centuries.

It would be outright silly for CA to try and shoe-horn-in the original alien when they still have a whole shipload full of eggs to get a new Xeno from.

If they found the Nostromo's flight recorder then they will most likely have the co-ordinates where it last set down. I'm sure Seegson would be curious to see what a converted WY M-class starcruiser was doing out in the sticks.

Exactly!

Xenoscream

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 13, 2014, 12:16:04 PM
That seems to be the big mystery though - where the Alien is from. I still think it'll be the original one - even with the design changes. It's not like design changes were ever addressed (other than A3). Don't get me wrong, there's reasons as to why the design is different in some films but aside from A3, it was never addressed on film. Bit of retcon FTW.

Whats you reason for thinking it's Kane's son? Just curious.

I think I read somewhere the flight recorder was an electronic transmission and not physical... don't remember where though..

Corporal Hicks

It's just how eager they are to tie it into Alien that makes me think that. With them finding the black box, I can see them reasoning that the Alien would be nearby and they find it. Just my own thoughts.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

The alien would have been ejected into a completely different trajectory and velocity though. Bringing back Kane's Son would be as fanwanky as bringing Hicks (not you Corporal) back.

Corporal Hicks

Don't think it's quite as big a kick in the teeth but I just expect it.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Omg...this may be a spoiler. Because how ELSE did an alien get there? Genius thinking.

Ok then, I will accept that the xenos are immortal creatures that cannot be harmed unless you have a pulse rifle or smartgun or fire a shotgun in their mouth.... http://www.themesshall.net/forum/images/smilies/lolwutem6.gif Basically thats your logic.

Revolvers don't fire .45, They fire .22, .357, .38, .44 (and I think .50). There are also revolvers now that can fire 8 rounds at .44 if I am correct.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed