Mortal Kombat X (2015)

Started by RazorSlash, May 28, 2014, 09:30:43 PM

Author
Mortal Kombat X (2015) (Read 175,972 times)

elemental-of-all

elemental-of-all

Some really picky people here.
What if they give you the 1979 alien? Then you'll complain about the way it moves.

Those blades coming out and the screech was awesome, more reason to get the game. More reason to get more NECA figs. I'm down with any xeno that actually looks different and isint just a cheap reskin or repaint.

Mike

Mike

Well said Elemental-of-all,  just be grateful in this world thats it. Less complaining and more happiness spread around. I'm so excited for Alien as well! :D He looks so badass in the trailer and looks super cool with those blades coming out. :D

Lonely Universe

Lonely Universe

I'm happy we're getting the Alien but I agree that the design is disappointing. It would be clever if they incorporated a Facehugger Fatality that when performed successfully earned you new skins based on the DNA of the victim.

I haven't played MKX yet but it's in my plans. I had to upgrade my TV to a 50" before getting a PS4, but it should just be another week or two. Is Motaro in the game? Imagine a Motaro hybrid, holy heck.

Hopefully they'll improve the design before release & give us the traditional Alien...

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

I'm hearing claims from some salty Alien fans (no offense to Alien fans but seriously, some of the hate is getting ridiculous) that Boon stated that the traditional Xenomorph wouldn't have been able to survive the MK universe. Can anyone prove or disprove this claim?

windebieste

windebieste

The Alien looks like bastardised knock-off exploitation content rather than Official Licence material.  WBIE should do better than this.

No wonder the 'AvP' licence has degenerated into the deepest pits of mediocrity only suitable for undiscriminating 13 year olds with no life experience.

Meh and Fail.

-Windebieste.

marrerom

marrerom

An alien from a Tarkatan host = badass. I love it.   8)

elemental-of-all

elemental-of-all

I dont get the hate. If you don't like the design, OK fine don't get the game or any figures relating to the design.

It's not taking away from the original, its not breaking Into your house and replacing all your classic aliens. Chill out.

Lonely Universe

Lonely Universe

I hope that's not true of Boon. If it is he must not know much about the Alien & the way they work. Outworld would be crawling with xenos. It would make quite a cool comic!

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

We almost had The Terminator and Michael Myers!!

Would've been cooler if we had those two instead of Alien and Leatherface!

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mortal-kombat-x-dev-considered-terminator-and-mich/1100-6432839/

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

Quote from: elemental-of-all on Dec 06, 2015, 01:01:44 AM
I dont get the hate. If you don't like the design, OK fine don't get the game or any figures relating to the design.

It's not taking away from the original, its not breaking Into your house and replacing all your classic aliens. Chill out.

No but it did take away our chance to actually play as THE ALIEN in a Mortal Kombat game. Predator fans got to play as a predator and of course alien fans get the developer's 12-year-old's fan-fiction. lucky us. ::)

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Dec 05, 2015, 10:50:36 PM
I'm hearing claims from some salty Alien fans (no offense to Alien fans but seriously, some of the hate is getting ridiculous) that Boon stated that the traditional Xenomorph wouldn't have been able to survive the MK universe. Can anyone prove or disprove this claim?

I'd laugh my ass off if that were the case. So the perfect organism can't survive the mk universe but Leatherface:  the backwoods retard can? It just doesn't pay to be an alien fan these days.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Dec 06, 2015, 02:03:34 AM
I'd laugh my ass off if that were the case. So the perfect organism can't survive the mk universe but Leatherface:  the backwoods retard can? It just doesn't pay to be an alien fan these days.

I'm... well really, what did we all expect a Tarkatan-Alien to look like? I know a lot of Alien fans wanted the traditional Xenomorph, and I understand why because that's YOUR Alien. That's the creature you know and love. I mean had Boon given us Predator fans the Super Predators from PREDATORS, I would've surely been pissed off and foaming at the mouth. But we wound up with something new. A Tarkatan-Alien which... I think the concept in itself is cool but I'll admit, the design is something to be improved upon (lengthening the head would help) because it looks a little like Roger Corman's MUTANT. The head does need to look something more like an Alien but did any of us know before hand what a Tarkatan-Alien looked like or what it could?

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

The Tarkatan Xeno was likely made so that his design can work. A normal Xeno will have trouble for x-rays and fatalities given how a xeno design would work. With it Predator it's since their bodies are already humanoid and they are not much different from the humanoid fighters in the game expect for they have a different skull.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Dec 06, 2015, 03:34:47 AM
A normal Xeno will have trouble for x-rays and fatalities given how a xeno design would work.

If you mean by the internal organs of a Xenomorph, which we practically know nothing about, then I would say that presents a lot of problems. Even if given the Tarkatan traits taken into account because this is still a Xenomorph.

As cool as the Xenomorph is in Mortal Kombat X, I'm seeing a lot of... things which need to be considered. Such as Fatalities on the Xenomorph, and the X-Rays. I mean do we really expect Liu Kang to punch his fists through a Xenomorph's throat, ripping it out and shoving it into it's mouth and not expect the acid blood to be dissolving at his hand?

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Dec 06, 2015, 03:34:47 AM
With it Predator it's since their bodies are already humanoid and they are not much different from the humanoid fighters in the game expect for they have a different skull.

Only the body shape is similar to a human. A head, body, two arms and legs-- that's where the similarities end. But the organ placement, the organs used, it's all human designed. So is even the tongue for the Predator in this game when Predator 2 established (but was largely overlooked) that they have small, forked tongues. Depending on your source of Predator lore... in the current EU, Predators have three hearts. This one has one.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Guys...it's mortal kombat. This is the game where people have their necks broken, their spines crushed, and brains shot out in xray moves, just to get up after 2 seconds and keep on fighting. The Alien doesn't have to be super authentic and have it's blood melt the map/opposing player when it gets hit.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Too bad we will never get a Uber Jason skin. Other wise, I would love to see this happen in MKX.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed