Prometheus 2 Shooting in Australia?

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2014, 01:39:28 PM

Author
Prometheus 2 Shooting in Australia? (Read 20,403 times)

Infected

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on May 22, 2014, 03:07:51 PM
Australia's Daily Telegraph says it's for "The Martian".

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/ridley-scott-is-in-australia-scouting-locations-for-a-martian-blockbuster-featuring-matt-damon/story-fni0cvc9-1226927300254
Nobody is really wanting a movie like that LoL we saw Mission to Mars and some other crap and that was enough for me...more then enough :)
Its really boring and a money throw away.
f**k the Martian thats my opinion.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Riddles is still pissed that Fox wouldn't let him make Ash a Martian.

Gazz

Gazz

The Daily Fail... err, I mean The DailyMail are still reporting that the film is Prometheus 2 and Riddles has met with Cate Blanchett for a role in the film.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2637544/Cate-Blanchett-heading-space-Sir-Ridley-Scott-Prometheus-2.html

yeah, this is probably for The Martian.

acrediblesource

:o I'm so pleased!!!!!! She's such an amazing figure, beautifully dynamic! And Riddles just doesn't meet up with a female to star in the famously female star driven Alienesque movie for no apparent reason.

Shinawi

I agree that it'll be a desert scenery. It would look too much like Earth if it was a coral reef scene or a rainforest one.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

IGN is also reporting that Prometheus 2 and Blade Runner 2 will film in Australia.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/24/director-ridley-scott-scouting-locations-in-australia-for-prometheus-2

Though they might simply be copying and pasting from The Daily Mail as they are wont to do.

Gazz

Gazz

Yeah, a few other websites have reported it (Comingsoon.net also) but all cite The Daily Mail as their source.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Yeah, but most of the more reputable news sources seem to be holding off for something more official.

Quote from: IGNHe chose to eventually film Blade Runner 2 in Australia because of the country's "vast farmland where there's no hedges or anything else in sight...where you can see for miles, but it's dirt."

:laugh:

ThisBethesdaSea

I must admit, I'm not as excited about Prometheus 2. I'm following the news, interested to hear what's happening with production, but I just can't shake the idea that the sequel will be any better the the first film.

acrediblesource

I'm also fearing the worse for the sequel as HR Giger will now NEVER grace the headlines again in another movie unless its a "shout out". And whose going to care about a "shout out"? NOBODY! That is unless the next movies will have a drastically impressive prop making department  out to envision HIS type of work. But that much I doubt. THEY DON'T HAVE THE BALLZ!!

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 24, 2014, 03:40:59 PM
I must admit, I'm not as excited about Prometheus 2. I'm following the news, interested to hear what's happening with production, but I just can't shake the idea that the sequel will be any better the the first film.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Once I hear more on the plot, I can be excited. I still can't be excited for a new movie as I used too after AVPR.

Ultramorph

Given that Fassbender said "Yeah, but when I don't know." when McAvoy asked about Prometheus 2, I'm pretty sure we won't see filming start this year.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2014/05/10/michael-fassbender-confirms-prometheus-sequel/

NickisSmart

Desert scenery? How about Desert Planet?

"Never one drop of water on Arrakis."

Engineers already got the stillsuits.

ChrisPachi

Don't know or care much for Martian, but it will be interesting to see how Scott's second foray into sci-fi in over 30 years turns out. Maybe it's like learning to ride a bike all over again; Prometheus was a face-first swan dive into the pavement without a helmet (geddit?), but maybe Martian will see him getting some of his balance back.

I for one really want to see him get back on that bike.

Blacklabel

The Martian sounds like an attempt at getting some of that "GRAVITY OSCAR" buzz all over again.

Oscar bait. :P 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed