H.R Giger Has passed.

Started by draken161, May 13, 2014, 08:04:03 AM

Author
H.R Giger Has passed. (Read 35,137 times)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Well, this was shitty news to come home to.

dazknight88

dazknight88

Rest In Peace and thank you for creating one of the scariest movies monsters of all time

ADC

ADC

What can one say that hasn't already been said? Thank you to my favourite artist for sharing your gift with the world.

shadowedge

shadowedge

Rest in Peace HR Giger. Your legacy will live on. You were an inspiration to millions. A true modern master.

judge death

judge death

Sorry for asking this but I cant find any info: All reports says he died at a hospital after he fell and injured himself: But what exactly did he die of? Its not like one magically dies from falling xD Did he hurt his head severely or what happened? :/

SM

SM

Complications from the fall as far as I know.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: judge death on Jun 01, 2014, 08:48:52 AMSorry for asking this but I cant find any info: All reports says he died at a hospital after he fell and injured himself: But what exactly did he die of? Its not like one magically dies from falling xD Did he hurt his head severely or what happened? :/
If he broke a bone he could've got blood poisoning.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Any number of things can happen when you fall. If it's any kind of head injury you could have a bleed and die from that, if the fall hit a major organ or artery. I mean, he wasn't exactly in his prime, so injuries of that sort can be much more devastating. I've known/of many 70+ers who died of pneumonia which was usually contracted as a complication of some other thing/sickness.

Eh... Just such a sad piece of news. I didn't know the man personally, but as with all of us i'm sure we all know he had his influence in our lives. For the more artistically inclined he may have even inspired creations of our own. He cut a swath in the artistic world that nobody else can ever touch quite like he did, and he opened our eyes to the many wondrous possibilities that exist between beauty and horror. I'm very sad we never got to see another one of his wonderful unvarnished creations brought to life. Rest in Peace H.R. Giger...

worriors

worriors

So sad to hear this, without his designs I doubt that the alien franchise would have ever taken off. I remember studying his work during art classes at school, and it filled me with dread and wonder. He should be honoured for his brilliant work, Prometheus 2 should be dedicated to him.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

This is the most recent news that I've found concerning his passing.

http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/culture/Friends_bid_farewell_to_HR_Giger.html?cid=38695440

redalert51

redalert51

HRG Is Alien . I first discovered his work on an album cover by Emerson , Lake , Palmer , which was 1973 maybe five ,Man Oh Man it blew me away ! At the moment I am to sadden to say more.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: redalert51 on Jun 07, 2014, 01:30:08 AM
HRG Is Alien . I first discovered his work on an album cover by Emerson , Lake , Palmer , which was 1973 maybe five ,Man Oh Man it blew me away ! At the moment I am to sadden to say more.
Brain Salad Surgery was the album. Fantastic cover it is too, even more fantastic music!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

One year ago today we lost an extraordinary man. I don't think it would be an exaggeration to say that without H. R. Giger that the Alien franchise wouldn't be as lasting as it has been. His designs for Alien helped elevate the film to whole other level.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Wow, a year already.

Was watching the Alien Evolution doc last night, and this quote from Giger really cracked me up: "I always wanted my Alien to be a very beautiful thing. Not just disgusting, not just a monster, but something aesthetic. Throughout the creature's evolution what they've done is change it from something aesthetic to something that looks like shit. I mean literally, it looks like a turd." :)

RIP.

locusta

locusta

Already one year. It is truly important that his work and influence may not be forgotten and we as fans have the responsibility to keep it that way.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 12, 2015, 09:58:42 AM
Wow, a year already.

Was watching the Alien Evolution doc last night, and this quote from Giger really cracked me up: "I always wanted my Alien to be a very beautiful thing. Not just disgusting, not just a monster, but something aesthetic. Throughout the creature's evolution what they've done is change it from something aesthetic to something that looks like shit. I mean literally, it looks like a turd." :)

RIP.

Yes, it is sad that he had to witness the downfall of his design. Let´s hope that some have the brains to get back to the original and give it a proper appearance on the silver screen once more. Even it would be a mere copy without the masters touch, but at least a bow to him.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed