Maxwell House
0 (0%)
Caribou
0 (0%)
McCafe/Mcdonalds coffee
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author
Favorite Brand of Coffee (Read 5,167 times)

BANE

BANE

Actually that's how the French used to do it when they made coffee, except they didn't use socks they used filters and they never wore the socks they used in their food.

So actually nevermind.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: BANE on May 05, 2014, 01:52:21 AM
Actually that's how the French used to do it when they made coffee, except they didn't use socks they used filters and they never wore the socks they used in their food.

So actually nevermind.

ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

In a... sock?

SM

SM

Yes.

But not really in a thread about coffee...

Sabby

Sabby

No, it was a stocking, not a sock, and it's never been used. I keep a packet around just in case. They make perfectly fine filters.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: SM on May 04, 2014, 10:11:40 PM

When you live in a city that has among the best coffee in the world, no one goes to Starbucks, or McCafe or Dunkin Donuts or drinks the dishwater they try and pass as coffee at McDonalds.  If you want coffee go to a cafe and get coffee.  Throw a rock in Melbourne and you hit somewhere you can get a decent coffee.  People only go to those franchises (not Starbucks so much since it failed dismally in Australia) if they're on their way somwhere and are in a hurry, or there is literally nothing else available.  I could be wrong but I was always under the impression that Maxwell House was a small step above Pablo coffee in terms of being cheap and nasty, though maybe I'm misremembering.

I've never tasted American coffee, but everyone I know who has says its this awful weak piss which is then drowned in sweeteners.

We got spoiled by all the Italian migrants who settled here after World War 2.

Lucky!   We don't have many cafe's here with good coffee, sadly.  Just Starbucks, which is more for the atmosphere than the coffee itself.  Here in the US we are at the mercy of Amazon Prime.

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on May 05, 2014, 12:56:52 AM

My favorite coffee is Kona though often its a Kona blend thats served because of the cost.

Love Kona coffee! 

Aspie

Aspie

I hate the taste of black coffee, but I have become dependent on it.

LastSurvivor92

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on May 05, 2014, 07:28:25 PM
Quote from: SM on May 04, 2014, 10:11:40 PM

When you live in a city that has among the best coffee in the world, no one goes to Starbucks, or McCafe or Dunkin Donuts or drinks the dishwater they try and pass as coffee at McDonalds.  If you want coffee go to a cafe and get coffee.  Throw a rock in Melbourne and you hit somewhere you can get a decent coffee.  People only go to those franchises (not Starbucks so much since it failed dismally in Australia) if they're on their way somwhere and are in a hurry, or there is literally nothing else available.  I could be wrong but I was always under the impression that Maxwell House was a small step above Pablo coffee in terms of being cheap and nasty, though maybe I'm misremembering.

I've never tasted American coffee, but everyone I know who has says its this awful weak piss which is then drowned in sweeteners.

We got spoiled by all the Italian migrants who settled here after World War 2.

Lucky!   We don't have many cafe's here with good coffee, sadly.  Just Starbucks, which is more for the atmosphere than the coffee itself.  Here in the US we are at the mercy of Amazon Prime.

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on May 05, 2014, 12:56:52 AM

My favorite coffee is Kona though often its a Kona blend thats served because of the cost.

Love Kona coffee!

I disagree with you Alice, I think America does have good coffee. Not all of these chains have bad coffee in my opinion.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

It depends on where live.  Here, in small beach town USA, there are not a lot of coffee options.  We used to have a small chain of coffee shops with really good coffee, but they closed up a few years ago.

Our local Starbucks is OK, but I don't care for the sugar or chemical flavors (for flavor on occasion I use a touch of vanilla extract and a dash of cinnamon).  One who keeps coffee beans in the fridge until it's time to grind and brew, who grew up on her Belgian mom's coffee, our local Starbucks is OK for atmosphere and some java. 

Mr. Sin

Mr. Sin

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on May 06, 2014, 12:30:11 PM
It depends on where live.  Here, in small beach town USA, there are not a lot of coffee options.  We used to have a small chain of coffee shops with really good coffee, but they closed up a few years ago.

Our local Starbucks is OK, but I don't care for the sugar or chemical flavors (for flavor on occasion I use a touch of vanilla extract and a dash of cinnamon).  One who keeps coffee beans in the fridge until it's time to grind and brew, who grew up on her Belgian mom's coffee, our local Starbucks is OK for atmosphere and some java.

In my small USA beach town we are overrun by Starbucks. I used to drink coffee many moons ago, but stopped for some reason. I think I merely switched to energy drinks. Very surprised my heart hasn't exploded after so many years of the stuff.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Aspie on May 05, 2014, 07:33:08 PM
I hate the taste of black coffee, but I have become dependent on it.

This. I love me some black coffee and drink it a lot because I like it, but it doesn't do anything for me and I don't need it to function.

Whether I have coffee or not I'm usually up at 7:00-8:00 every morning and doing what I have to do.

Rong

Rong

Wat are all these pleb corporate coffee piss you got on that list.

Sm's right in Melbourne we got a godtier coffee culture, so much so I couldn't even get a coffee in Rome that touched what I could get back home.

In London I had some of the worst coffee I've ever had.

Aspie

Aspie

Isn't Folgers the Pennacle of coffee doe.

SM

SM

Girl I work with was posted to Jakarta.  We were talking about coffee one day and I asked her if she had kopi luwak, she said yes, but no bastard in Jakarta knows how to actually make a decent coffee.  She came back to Melbourne a couple of weeks, got spoiled by the coffee, and when she went back to Indonesia switched to drinking tea.

Topazora

Topazora

I need to start traveling around to all the different independent cafes in my city, and try drinking their coffees black.  I normally just buy what I can get instant, and I buy Starbucks out of convenience and people giving me gift cards.  Don Francisco Vanilla Nut coffee was the only coffee I could drink black, though I got used to drinking it black because I was a diet that doesn't allow coffee creamer- but I was working at the time and needed the coffee.  It's actually pretty good.  But most coffees I've drank black, have been pretty nasty. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed