Is the predator dead? Seems like it to me....

Started by piff, Apr 19, 2014, 11:10:35 PM

Author
Is the predator dead? Seems like it to me.... (Read 599 times)

piff

piff

Is the predator dead?

We all know the last game Aliens Colonial Marines didnt have the predator.....

the new game Alien Isolation point and click game, does not also have the predator....altough I dont think the predator would do good in a point and click game, but thats another topic

so is the predator, dead? for this decade? Many kids will grow up not playing the predator, and he might just never be released in a video game ever again.

Sad because, Im a predator fan.

hfeldhaus

isolation point and click? think you need to do some research. the predator franchise has been dead a long time. predators was a failure and the avp films. avp3 was lacklustre. pretty safe to say its going to be gone for a fare few years. only thing that would excite me would be a film or game with arnie in it

Dovahkiin

I don't think the Predator franchise is dead at all. Predators was absolutely not a failure, as I'm pretty sure it did alright critically. The predator has also made a rather noteworthy appearance in Call of Duty: Ghosts recently. 

Just give it time.

Vepariga

1,Alien Isolation is NOT point and click

2, Predator franchise is still alive

3,Alive and handing by one hand on a 20 story drop. But as the Predator itself says. "Shit happens"

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Predators was a piece of derivative drivel. It failed at rebooting the franchise with no sequel likely to be made. I may have been over the top to say it's dead but it's a f at from healthy franchise right now.

Predators was a piece of derivative drivel. It failed at rebooting the franchise with no sequel likely to be made.

Dovahkiin

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Apr 20, 2014, 12:10:02 AM
Predators was a piece of derivative drivel. It failed at rebooting the franchise with no sequel likely to be made.

That is entirely your opinion. I actually really enjoy Predators.

WinterActual

I didn't find it bad either, it was pretty decent movie. And I am saying this as Predator hater.

blood.

Arnold is the toughest dude ever, best humanity has to offer and his victory over the predator is one of his most shining moments. Anything to suggest that the og jungle hunter is lower on the food chain tarnishes this victory and is offensive.

Predator 2 - a city cop bests an even more heavily armed predator. Not good enough.
Predators - og predators aren't even the apex species any more. Ridiculous.
AVP - Any predators that came before are teenagers not yet worthy to hunt aliens. Outrageous.
AVPR - One predator is an unstoppable force only matched by the most powerful alien seen yet.

Anyway, back on topic. This is what they need to do. Honor the legacy of the og predator without shitting on it. Create a predator that is actually tough, hard to take down, only beaten by someone worthy of beating it instead of either being pwned or degraded by something new and "better".

shadowedge

No the Predator franchise is not dead. It still has plenty of life in it.

Predators was a success The budget was $40,000,000. It made $52,000,688 domestically and $75.232.420 foreign for a total of $127,233,108 according to Box Office Mojo. It made 3.18X it's budget back.

While it is true that it was a rehash of Predator, it still added some nice new things to the franchise's lore.

The Predator is in Call of Duty as Dovahkiin said and that is a selling point to a lot of people who otherwise would have not picked up COD.

Plus Dark Horse Comics seems to be betting a lot on the A/P/AVP/Prometheus books coming up. I'd say it is a new golden age for the franchise.

xeno-kaname

I also enjoy Predators quite much. Loved it's premise. I'm more of an Alien fan and I thought the  movie was quite good.

Ah I remember when I bought Predator: Concrete Jungle at launch. Game had a lot of problems but it was still fun to use the weapons and kill people ever so brutally. And I was freaking out when the Aliens came out for a couple of levels  :laugh: Ah the nostalgia.

I don't think we'll ever get another Predator standalone game, sadly. I'd wish it would get a sequel  :P

Topazora

Topazora

Nah, the predator franchise is still kicking.  If it were dead, Dark Horse wouldn't bother with it, and would just do the Alien/Prometheus comics.
And Predators actually grew on me, at first I didn't like it because it was practically a rehash of the first film.  But its still fun to watch.  And opens up a lot of potential for the Predator universe.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed