Depression, Anxiety, and Mood Disorders

Started by LastSurvivor92, Apr 12, 2014, 08:41:08 AM

Author
Depression, Anxiety, and Mood Disorders (Read 75,694 times)

Xeno Killer 2179

Diagnosed with psychosis recently. Schizophrenia suspected by multiple doctors. Hard to know since I've also been suspected of bipolarism and autism.

Sabby

I just had a massive anxiety attack. Couldn't sleep for about 30 hours, had numbness and shooting pain throughout my limbs and face, could taste something bad, but strangely my heart was pretty standard. No chest pains, just a scared persons slightly faster heartbeat. I ended up in the emergency room at midnight with my face and neck on fire.

I had no idea anxiety could make you have a phantom stroke. I've had a phantom heart attack from anxiety (years ago), but this was new and kind of scary. The symptoms have mostly died down now, just some headaches and a bad taste. Waiting on some blood test results to rule out anything like diabetes or whatever (I really have no idea what else causes these symptoms, but it looked like they were testing for at least a half dozen things).

I might need to look at some meds again, though it would be short term.

Local Trouble

Why don't you get a bottle of Xanax for situations like that?  I would never suffer another anxiety attack again if I didn't have to.

Sabby

I don't want this to be a common problem, but I suppose I should look into some sleep aides.

Local Trouble

Vitamin D might help too.

juxtapose

juxtapose

been suffering from anxiety since i was a little kid. .dunno why. .i just do. .and i suffer from depressionl. .anxiety and depression go hand in hand. .tho my depression is not nearly as bad as it used to be. .i seem to have outgrown the latter. .anxiety is still a bitch . .at work i get severe sweaty palms. .i constantly have to wipe my hands and i also shiver and tremble quite easily. .extremely high strung as well. .i tend to pase up and down when i am alone. .endlesly sometimes. I have to realy tell myself. .just sit down and f**king relax. .dude. .lol.

. .what has worked for me tremendously is exercise. .i gym 3 to 4 times a week. .they say it is the equivelant of taking a mild to medium anti depressant. .your brain releases indorfins after exercise. .so you just feel beter and happier during the day. .it counteracts depresion and anxiety. .i have nothing against meds. .but i like to drink as well. .and i fear if i start taking meds i will have to stop this little social activity. .i often drink when i am alone as well, but i stay alone so what the f**k. .i occationally smoke pot. .but just purely for the fun of it. . So i am not major on drugs or alcahol. .but at the same time i probably drink more than the average person. .and combining that with priscription drugs. .never a good idea. .so i stick to my exercise. .makes me feel good and i got a neat 6 pack at the age of 46. .round ass and a neat set of bicepts. .but exercise takes an incredible amount of dissipline. .but it gets your mind of things as well. .it is odly addictive once u get into the routine of doing it. .sorry for my horrendous spelling btw. .english is not my first language. .

Sabby

Sabby

Another anxiety attack is happening right now. Trying to stay calm and just weather it out. I don't like that this can just happen randomly. I need to get some medication.

Edit: Maybe I was just more prepared for this one, because it was pretty easy to deal with. Symptoms weren't nearly as bad as last time, it was more of an annoyance than anything. It was 18 hours before I could finally get some sleep. If this had happened one day later, it would have seriously messed some things up.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I deal with a lot of depression and anxiety also. The bad stuff going on in the world makes me feel very worry that the whole Earth will be destroyed in my life time and I don't want to see it happen. I'm 26, still at a community college, working at a job that pays $8.75 a hour and still living with my family. Stuff like NK, Russia and Global Warming really gets to me.

Sabby

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Aug 14, 2017, 07:15:55 PM
I deal with a lot of depression and anxiety also. The bad stuff going on in the world makes me feel very worry that the whole Earth will be destroyed in my life time and I don't want to see it happen. I'm 26, still at a community college, working at a job that pays $8.75 a hour and still living with my family. Stuff like NK, Russia and Global Warming really gets to me.

The Yellowstone supervolcano is what gets to me.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

At least that one won't be active for another century or more. The stuff on the news with Russia and NK are worst.

Sabby

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Aug 15, 2017, 02:46:02 AM
At least that one won't be active for another century or more. The stuff on the news with Russia and NK are worst.

Really? Could have sworn that one was up in the air. Oh well, there's probably another time bomb out there. Anything with the capability to disrupt modern infrastructure, as that will be the main killer. A population this sized starves to death if that happens, and I don't have the skill or means to be one of the few that makes it through. And even if I do, I've only ever known a comfortable life. I don't know how the f**k to get by if that changes.

Plenty to worry about, but a lot of it is outside of my power. Just got to keep on keeping on and try to improve the things I can. I actually have a doctors appointment every day of this week doing just that, and I know there's more coming.

Scorpio

If you can't do anything about it, no point in worrying about it.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I worry because there is so much that I want to do in life and I don't want to die early. I hate how we have people in our office that don't seem to care about the world that we live in. They seem to care more about power than anything else.

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: Scorpio on Aug 15, 2017, 03:14:32 AM
If you can't do anything about it, no point in worrying about it.

Believe me, I agree. If you convince my body as well, that'd be sick.

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Aug 15, 2017, 04:24:15 AM
I worry because there is so much that I want to do in life and I don't want to die early. I hate how we have people in our office that don't seem to care about the world that we live in. They seem to care more about power than anything else.

On the one hand, you could argue that you've survived under that sword for your entire life, and that you're only more aware that it's above ya. Then again, you could probably make good arguments for the sword being more likely to fall than before.

Shits complicated and the human brain loathes that.

THE CITY HUNTER

Watched a documentary on war rape(man humanity never learns!)so depressed after watching it. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed