Depression, Anxiety, and Mood Disorders

Started by LastSurvivor92, Apr 12, 2014, 08:41:08 AM

Author
Depression, Anxiety, and Mood Disorders (Read 76,539 times)

Xeno Killer 2179

I've seen nurses that don't seem to have much grasp of the system they work in everyday, so that's not saying much.

I agree positive thinking, meditation, breathing exercises, etc. are all crap.

But certain things, like a habit of sleeping in too late in the day, eating junk, low vitamin D, not going outside, these will f**k you hard over time and in the subtlest ways. Of course this is meaningless if these don't apply to you.

And I'm not bashing you over something that's working for you, but denial is underrated, imo......It is a skill, and I think a lot of people would be happier if they worked at identifying and eliminating the harmful beliefs and patterns they've accumulated. Even if you have some neuro/organic problem.....I see autistic people and schizophrenics, bipolars, etc....they get these jaded thought styles that co-occur with their illness and make them miserable and unpleasant even when they aren't having an episode. A base resilience to a lot of the crap we see and even what we tell ourselves can go a long way.

I'm not completely anti psychiatry, but the topic is very personal for me because I've had such a long drawn-out series of ineffective and inappropriate treatments, so the mere thought of anyone going through shenanigans feels to me like someone getting falsely convicted of a crime.

whiterabbit

My cat was just prescribed Prozac today.  :-\

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: whiterabbit on Mar 05, 2015, 05:46:37 AM

Your joking me right  :laugh:

My cat that recently died about a week ago had terrible allergy problems. The vet considered offering Shyloh a cat inhaler since he had trouble breathing at times.

Funny as hell personally  :laugh:

whiterabbit

Quote from: Chronicle on Mar 06, 2015, 03:29:10 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Mar 05, 2015, 05:46:37 AM

Your joking me right  :laugh:

My cat that recently died about a week ago had terrible allergy problems. The vet considered offering Shyloh a cat inhaler since he had trouble breathing at times.

Funny as hell personally  :laugh:
No, and that is terrible.  :'(

Xeno Killer 2179

Does anyone think impulsive aggression in a wiener dog could be low serotonin? I need armchair pet psychiatrists.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Now I know they're pot smokers here, and I mean not to offend anyone... but everyone I know that smokes weed personally is either annoying or a jerk. It doesn't matter if you have money or not, family or not. Their kids grow up struggling, they live struggling and always end up causing everyone else problems that is somehow someonelse's fault. I can't see how weed is "safe" when the crap I see with my own eyes speak otherwise.

I'm not including terminally ill people or other medicinal uses, such as increased appetite and the fact that it is safer than a shit-ton of pharmaceuticals into that blanket statement I made. It should be treated like any other chemical and regulated.

Novak 1334

Funny, I know plenty of people who don't drink, smoke weed or like Superhero films who are jerks

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 23, 2015, 12:58:12 PM
Now I know they're pot smokers here, and I mean not to offend anyone... but everyone I know that smokes weed personally is either annoying or a jerk. It doesn't matter if you have money or not, family or not. Their kids grow up struggling, they live struggling and always end up causing everyone else problems that is somehow someonelse's fault. I can't see how weed is "safe" when the crap I see with my own eyes speak otherwise.

I'm not including terminally ill people or other medicinal uses, such as increased appetite and the fact that it is safer than a shit-ton of pharmaceuticals into that blanket statement I made. It should be treated like any other chemical and regulated.

You sound like my nana.

Xeno Killer 2179

After reading about the relationship between inflammation and physical and mental health problems, I discovered that I had a polyester allergy, finally providing explanations of why I felt like shit sitting in a certain chair, sleeping in bed, and general itchiness throughout the day. I have no idea the extent of damage already done by chronic immune responses, but just more food for thought.

Razz

Razz

I may as well throw my two pennies into this thread.

I've officially started taking anti-depressants after a near mental (somewhat suicidal) meltdown occurred at my place of work, not just my job that was causing the stress but alot of personal matters and family related ones that have been ebbing away at me for nearly a year. I've had depression for quite many years but never sought help or advice but I kept convincing myself there was nothing wrong. The worst thing in my case (although I'm betting I'm not alone) is that depression makes you feeling bad for feeling bad.

I'm taking sertraline, it is having an effect on me and has kept me feeling as bad as I was feeling over a month ago. My life is starting to take a turn for the better although still diligently taking the meds.

I work in Money Management for a bank, basically dealing with customers who are experiencing financial troubles and helping setting up overdrafts etc. I've spoken to a few who are suffering from depression and I personally tell them that I've had a history of it including self harming since school, they come across as quite surprised that they are speaking to someone in the same boat. My view is that a problem shared is a problem halved and always say that always be with people you love when you feel it bearing down on you.

That is what I did when it was at it's worst, went to see my parents. I love all who are in my life.

I feel better telling you guys this in fact. Considering that I rarely post these days, that does speak volumes.  :)

Novak 1334

I've had a rough couple of weeks, nightmares, panic attacks.  It comes around three or four times a year.  Normally I have methods to deal with my condition when it gets worse, but for the last few weeks it's been relentless, to the point where I honestly don't know what to do.  Not to exaggerate but it is slowly killing me one day at a time

Razz

Quote from: Novak 1334 on May 22, 2015, 04:07:29 AM
I've had a rough couple of weeks, nightmares, panic attacks.  It comes around three or four times a year.  Normally I have methods to deal with my condition when it gets worse, but for the last few weeks it's been relentless, to the point where I honestly don't know what to do.  Not to exaggerate but it is slowly killing me one day at a time
Seek help, whether it be your family, friends or trained professionals, don't suffer in silence. My family and friends have saved my life without even knowing it. If you need someone to talk to give me a shout via private inbox and I'll speak to you via email or facebook my friend.

Amaterasu

I'm actually glad this exists because it's a good example.

Aside from that my situational anxiety has been creeping around lately. But I've gotten more of the "disconnected from everything" feeling going on, which explains why I've lost some interest in video games and what-not. It's not bad certain days, but some days it's horrible. Then parents play the "it's all in your head" card, like no it's not. I feel like the walking dead but I gotta cover that up with trying to be happy. Fake it 'til you make it, right?  ::)

I mean, I'm not suicidal, it's just that "I wanna lay around all day until I feel better" mood.

Novak 1334

I know the feeling.  For me it's a complete lack of motivation to do anything, from work to getting dressed.  I've wasted so many days under my bed covers waiting for it to go away

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed