How do you display your figures?

Started by PRJ_since1990, Apr 10, 2014, 10:43:32 PM

Author
How do you display your figures? (Read 4,615 times)

PRJ_since1990

Loose figures? In box figures? How do you display them? More specifically, what do you display them on? Bookcase? Shelving units? Glass display cases? Tacked on to a board? Pegboard? Details details details...

Not to confuse this thread with the Post Your Collection thread, I wanted to start one surrounding the different ways people choose to show off their collection. Please post links to any furniture pieces or how to videos, anything relevant.

Furthermore, do you display them in a "public" room? Living room? Man cave? Bed room? (Might be entertaining to include if you're seeing someone/married, as that can always be a factor lol).

RakaiThwei

I have a curio which I have set my figures inside of, as well as an IKEA Detolf as well!

slaysaliens

2nd the detolf

Master

Master

Detolf as well, I installed light inside recently ;)

Vark_

Vark_

My living room is also my display room ; I took the pic from my sofa, hidden on the right corner there's my home cinema and the carpet (which ties the room together).
I used to live in couple, but my ex couldn't stand more than a handful of figures. So as far as my collection is concerned, celibacy's a mighty gift.

- Deltof (soon will buy a second one)
- small 1/6 acrylic box
- custom bookshelf with a huge glass panel

(figures are not up to date, the photo was taken some months ago)

Darth-Predator

I'm typically an opener, but my NECA Predator figures are mostly MOC. I display them on the wall in my room.

TITANOSAUR

I always open my figures. I honestly can't stand to not be able to pose them. as for my alien figures however, I had to make a custom standing arm. basicly a bendy wire I use to keep the figures from falling over. I only got a custom aliens warrior and the 79 Neca Series 2 Alien.

PRJ_since1990

Wow those Detolfs are pretty awesome! Did a google image search. People can fit all sorts of stuff in them! What is the weight limit per shelf? Also, for those interested, here's a link to the Ikea website. The Detolf is one of the most affordable things there lol. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/dining/10410/

For those that own one, how sturdy are they? Did you have to build it?Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Vark_

Vark_

Weight limit per shelf is approx 5-6kg, but you can increase it by putting 2 glass panels instead of one, and in a home improvement store make a custom one for the extra shelf missing for lighter objects.
I did so for my plaster diorama.

PRJ_since1990

Will def order the IKEA Detolf ASAP. Their website can't accept online orders at this time. However that will be for my open figures. Any suggestions for the best way to display unopened/MOC figures?

Master

Master

Best way is to open them and put inside DETOLF.

SM

SM

Some sit on bookselves above my computer.  The rest are on display in a box in the shed.

Vark_

Vark_

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Apr 28, 2014, 09:28:19 PMAny suggestions for the best way to display unopened/MOC figures?
Some hang theirs on their walls, side by side, like pictures.

If you lack of room, or don't have many figures to display, you can consider 1/6 figures acrilyc boxes instead of a glass cabinet.
Transucent plexyglas stands are a good way to gain space too, they create different levels on a same shelf.
Here's mine for example, filled with 7" Alien figures in my DVD shelf..

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Master on Apr 29, 2014, 12:29:41 PM
Best way is to open them and put inside DETOLF.
Har har. Thing is I own almost 2 of every figure, one boxed and one opened. Partially why I started the thread so that folks can exchange ideas about displaying figures of both types.

Also, turns out that there aren't any IKEA stores near me. I live in Upstate NY... closest one is in NYC/Pittsburgh PA. Not a problem until the $64 Detolf goes up to $164 with shipping which I would also have to set up a time for delivery. Not the most convenient or cheapest circumstance to be in. Try to save money where I can (so I can afford things like doubles of figures, thanks eBay/TRU). 

Wolf91

Wolf91

This is how I do it :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed