The feeling of anger

Started by Gate, Apr 03, 2014, 04:59:01 AM

Author
The feeling of anger (Read 7,787 times)

Gate

Gate

Simple topic, simple discussion.

What do you folks do to calm yourselves down, or to vent off your frustration of something or someone? Honest (and appropriate) answers and explanations are welcomed.

Aspie

Aspie

Vepariga

Vepariga

I inhale, imagine a japanese gong sound and exhale slowly.  *que flute*

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Video games, lots and lots of video games.  :)

Sabby

Sabby

I've found deep breathing helps. Not just a standard breath, I mean the slowest, fullest inhale you can, hold it, then slowly let it out.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Gate on Apr 03, 2014, 04:59:01 AMWhat do you folks do to calm yourselves down, or to vent off your frustration of something or someone? Honest (and appropriate) answers and explanations are welcomed.
I gave up losing my marbles when someone pisses me off. I used to do that a lot. Now I normally just take a deep breath in through my nose and exhale out through my mouth while making a cursory evaluation of the situation. Then most of the time; I just leave. I mean what's the point. Assholes and elbows right? I see people who can't control their aggression as lesser beings. Arrogant? Maybe but that's my view. It's pity really. Now I'm not against rage, it's an essential emotional/psychical tool but 99% of time it's totally unwarranted.

So yea, I control my anger by being a smug jackass.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Usually I take a long nap. I don't get angry very easy and I honestly I can't remember the last time when I was angry. The secret is not to give a shit. There's no point to clog your mind with bullshit. If something goes wrong I just go straight for the solution. It is what it is so there's no point to get angry, thats the prime reaction of the weak minded. Your anger won't change anything, its more likely to break something (you know what I mean).

RobThom

RobThom

Get to know yourself and understand that everybody has flaws including you.
And thats okay.
Its part of what makes everyone unique, different and interesting.
(And strangely sometimes becomes attractive in a sexual partner.)

The anger isn't worth it because it hurts yourself.
(And why would you give the person, place or thing that satisfaction!)
Then whether or not what and/or who made you angry is forgivable or acceptable can be dealt with separate from the rush of anger.

You dont have to stay angry to choose not to forgive.
And when you make that determination, it can be in you best interest to do it dispassionately in a rational state of mind.

Although there are also situations that might require an action from you that you wouldn't be capable of rationally.
In such a case after I've calmed down enough to make that determination,
I would choose to intentionally let the emotion overwhelm me so that I dont have to think about it.

BANE

BANE

I come on here and try to piss other people off too.

Nah, I'm generally too chill to get angry at things.

RobThom

RobThom

Quote from: BANE on Apr 03, 2014, 12:55:48 PM
I come on here and try to piss other people off too.

That does work.

Sometimes I'll read something in the news that incenses me,
like the lady in sf who went into a bar wearing her pricey google glass prototype,
and then when everyone in the bar got pissed off which
1. seems like a reasonable reaction IMO,
and 2. obviously she wasn't a well liked regular,
and snatched them off her face,
she got herself in the paper claiming that she was the victim of a hate crime.

When I hear things like that I feel compelled to go into comment sections where I can find spoiled lib attention brats and yell at them,
about anything,
with vitriol.

But sometimes I feel bad afterwards though because a lot of them aren't malicious in intent,
just ignorant.

But if the OP is referring to like anger management problems,
which I cant really delve into personally because I dont have that,
but I would imagine like maybe exercise.
Some sort of hobby.

That is easily a borderline psychological problem.
I've seen people who deal with it in life,
their always pissed off for no good reason but their functional and pay their bills.
I've also seen people who it just leaves a ragged torn down mess and practically dysfunctional.

If you were having a problem with it,
seeing a therapist might be something to seriously consider.
Sometimes you need a pro's help.

Cvalda

Cvalda

maledoro

maledoro

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I either deal with it with video games, or I just punch something.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Thats not a good combination. I still remember that guy who played MW2, got very angry, punched the wall as hard as he can and he broke his arm.

First Blood

First Blood

Drink.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed