Prometheus 2 set for March 4th 2016

Started by Gazz, Mar 24, 2014, 10:33:49 PM

Author
Prometheus 2 set for March 4th 2016 (Read 110,124 times)

Gazz

Gazz

Well this throws a spanner in the works in regards to whether the proposed Ridley Scott/ Fox project is Prometheus 2

QuoteRidley Scott is in negotiations to direct Matt Damon in The Martian, an outer space adventure project being made by 20th Century Fox.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/ridley-scott-direct-matt-damon-703887

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Gazz on May 13, 2014, 02:23:10 PMAccording to Spaihts it was Fox that wasn't happy with the script and wanted to spend less time concerning themselves with the Alien series. So Scott turned to Lindelof with the intention of opening the series up (which in my opinion was the right move but with the wrong writer). Not that I disagree Scott had some questionable ideas for the script, just that the initial push appears to have come from the studio.
I have an agenda, and it involves blaming Ridley Scott.
;)

Quote from: Gazz on May 13, 2014, 11:16:23 PM
Well this throws a spanner in the works in regards to whether the proposed Ridley Scott/ Fox project is Prometheus 2

QuoteRidley Scott is in negotiations to direct Matt Damon in The Martian, an outer space adventure project being made by 20th Century Fox.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/ridley-scott-direct-matt-damon-703887
If he couldn't have a Martian in Alien, maybe he's making up for it in Prometheus 2, like he made up for all that other stuff in the first one.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

He's not even finished with Exodus yet and he's still got Prom2, Blade Runner 2, that new HBO Ancient Aliens/Egyptian series, the Halo digital feature, that film about NFL football injuries and now this Martian film to direct and produce. That's a helluva schedule for a 76 year old!

Quote from: maledoro on May 13, 2014, 11:22:29 PM
If he couldn't have a Martian in Alien, maybe he's making up for it in Prometheus 2, like he made up for all that other stuff in the first one.

We'll he did slip in that martian piss reference in Prom1!  :laugh:

maledoro

I wouldn't be surprised if he did a 7-way, three-hour mashup. 
>:(

Mr. Clemens

This from Variety, in an article about a Battlestar Galactica movie:

Quote"Transcendence" writer Jack Paglen has signed on to write the screenplay. Paglen has also committed to Ridley Scott's "Prometheus" sequel for Fox that will start production this fall.

Not exactly big news, but it's the first I've heard concerning an actual production start date.

[EDIT: link - http://variety.com/2014/film/news/battlestar-galactica-movie-gets-new-life-at-universal-exclusive-1201153687/]

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Gazz on May 13, 2014, 11:16:23 PM

Maybe it's another inbetweener movie like The Counsellor

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

i think Scott will give this project to another director.

(Probably his son.)

Rong

Rong

Quote from: Blacklabel on May 22, 2014, 12:53:36 AM
i think Scott will give this project to another director.

(Probably his son.)

yep i think your right

episodenone

truthfully -- we all botch something we are normally good at.  so if a guy writes a movie we don't love - doesn't mean the next one won't be amazing

just saying

whiterabbit

Prometheus was f**king amazing. It makes bold predictions about how f**king retarded scientist will be in the future.

oduodu

oduodu

Quote from: AlienĀ³ on Mar 25, 2014, 05:57:17 PM
That design is awesome but that particular image doesn't do it for me.

This though...

http://whatculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/art003.jpg

Welll that shows that the goo was initially intended to turn you into a xeno more or less.

Suckerpunch:

Ridley (p1 was all his idea right ?? RIGHT !!)

wins first round !!!

Fans. Lost first round

Because here we have a thread that proves that the demand for a sequel is huge .

That's why they moved away from a direct prequel.

Because as I have said many times

You destroy the mystery

You destroy the franchise

What mysteries remain ??

And unused ideas.

Xeno origins

Derelict how /why crashed

What else has to be explored ??

Sj = engineers

Perhaps why they wanted us dead ??

Kimarhi

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwWAT?

oduodu

oduodu

For a group (or part thereof) of people who seems to dislike prometheus !?!?!?!?

(Is that the case ????)

This thread got a lot of replies close to 400 in less than 24 hours or so !!!
Am I right ???

Then this prometheus is what it is supposed to be because there is obviously a lot of people who can't wait for the sequel.

You don't go through 13 drafts and then come up with a movie that people doesn't like. It was made specifically like this - albeit in a rush so it has many rough edges but leaves open the possibility of a re cuts to come. No accident . Who knows maybe the re cut has already  been done to get those scenes to fit better. Ie. blade runner.

Or perhaps I am a dumbass....

Kimarhi

break it down for me barney style:

Do you like Prometheus?

Do you hate Prometheus?

oduodu

oduodu

Sorry I don't know if you if you are speaking to me but if you are then:

Yes I very much love the movie .

But you need to understand the purpose behind the movie . It can get only better if perhaps re cuts are made as with blade runner.and it takes us to the civilisation that created/discovered the xeno.

Prometheus is a gateway to that - its the only movie that does that - so all the other shit about plotholes doesn't matter to me . They are fixable.

Otherwise prometheus is a deliberate mess to what end ???

I can't  see them working through 13 drafts and then messing up ??

Why ??

For me this the only way it can make sense.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed