Prometheus 2 set for March 4th 2016

Started by Gazz, Mar 24, 2014, 10:33:49 PM

Author
Prometheus 2 set for March 4th 2016 (Read 110,107 times)

Gash

Gash

Unlike the author I'm hoping Ridley is on board. Most directors, particularly  when tackling the sci-fi genre think they can wow with incessant flying camera moves and special effects and if Ridley were absent that would worry me more than any other aspect of the production.

szkoki

szkoki

Fassbender is in it? I'll have to watch this too then :/

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Gash on May 12, 2014, 01:19:44 AM
Unlike the author I'm hoping Ridley is on board. Most directors, particularly  when tackling the sci-fi genre think they can wow with incessant flying camera moves and special effects and if Ridley were absent that would worry me more than any other aspect of the production.

But that was essentially all he wanted to do with Prometheus. No coherent story or characters but it sure as hell looked pretty! I'm happy to retain him as a director but I want a script that's actually good this time.

maledoro

I wish Ridley would jettison his goofy notions about sci-fi.

Lemonade

I for one think Ridley is doing a fantastic job healing the Alien franchise. I love deep movies with monsters in them and that's exactly what Prometheus was. The best franchise film since Aliens. P2 will be more alieny thus more monsters.

The Alien franchise is back.

Kimarhi

no negro, just no

NickisSmart

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 12, 2014, 11:38:13 AM
Quote from: Gash on May 12, 2014, 01:19:44 AM

But that was essentially all he wanted to do with Prometheus. No coherent story or characters but it sure as hell looked pretty! I'm happy to retain him as a director but I want a script that's actually good this time.

I feel the same way. There were plenty of ideas that could have been explored more deeply. The script just felt kind of half-baked.

maledoro

Before everyone jumps on Lindelof for the script (I wish more would), save some of your anger for Ridley Scott, considering that he wasn't happy with the original script and okayed Lindelof's butchering; not to mention how Scott wanted to remake a bigger, badder Alien.

Gazz

Gazz

Quote from: maledoro on May 13, 2014, 12:45:16 PM
Before everyone jumps on Lindelof for the script (I wish more would), save some of your anger for Ridley Scott, considering that he wasn't happy with the original script and okayed Lindelof's butchering; not to mention how Scott wanted to remake a bigger, badder Alien.

According to Spaihts it was Fox that wasn't happy with the script and wanted to spend less time concerning themselves with the Alien series. So Scott turned to Lindelof with the intention of opening the series up (which in my opinion was the right move but with the wrong writer). Not that I disagree Scott had some questionable ideas for the script, just that the initial push appears to have come from the studio.

QuoteSpaihts: The creature did change in some pretty dramatic ways from draft to draft. But the most dramatic change was the removal of the xenomorph from the film. That was a shift that happened at the same time as I stepped off the film. A lot of that push came from the studio very high up; they were interested in doing something original and not one more franchise film. That really came to a head at the studio - the major push to focus on the new mythology of Prometheus and dial the Aliens as far back as we could came down from the studio.

http://www.empireonline.com/interviews/interview.asp?IID=1563

Lemonade

Don't forget that Prometheus is what Alien was originally going to be until they cut a bunch of stuff out. Due to budget I believe? The pyramid, the black goo, the sandstorm. It was all there.

SiL

SiL

Pyramid, yes (even then very different to Prometheus'), everything else, no.

SM

SM

Don't recall any black goo in Starbeast.

But they did bring back a head from the pyramid in both films.  Only one of them had skin on though.

SiL

SiL

There was sand. I guess there was a sand storm, even. But it's nothing like what we see in Prometheus. And there's no black goo. Anywhere.

genocyber

AvP also took a nod to the Starbeast script by having the pyramid.

SM

SM

The guild judged it more than a 'nod'.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed