The Fitness Thread

Started by DoomRulz, Feb 27, 2014, 07:26:32 PM

Author
The Fitness Thread (Read 24,310 times)

Topazora

Topazora

Seems to make sense, stress throws everything else out of whack in our bodies, I can see where it may lead to weight gain.  Especially where the hormones are concerned. 

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Does anyone know about Taurine?

https://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2013/jun2013_The-Forgotten-Longevity-Benefits-of-Taurine_01.htm

Sounds like another article trying to sell kool aid.

Omega 3 definitely seemed to give me a boost. I'm wondering if I should try this, too.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 22, 2014, 06:29:03 PM
I've got a little collection of fat hanging on around the midsection but its because I haven't been able to get out and run and have a very inconsistent diet.

I have no doubt that stress affects people though.

That too. I'm back to mass building so I've had to increase my calorie count which means eating everything I see, event the unhealthy stuff. Mind you, I'm not loading up on sugar or fats. But I don't avoid cheeseburgers like I should've been, so to speak.

Topazora

Topazora

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Mar 22, 2014, 08:20:45 PM
Does anyone know about Taurine?

https://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2013/jun2013_The-Forgotten-Longevity-Benefits-of-Taurine_01.htm

Sounds like another article trying to sell kool aid.

Omega 3 definitely seemed to give me a boost. I'm wondering if I should try this, too.

Sounds like a pitch to sell their supplements.  Better off getting your taurine from natural sources and enjoy your meat.  Though I think I may want to start learning to like sushi, the fact that the Japanese do have raw meat in their diet could one of the many reasons they have a higher longevity rate.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

I try to run two miles a day. But college is a real bitch about keeping me from doing that.  >:(

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I'm going to have to hit the running on overdrive.  I've been using the cold as an excuse not to.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Same here, man.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

The one time I did try to run when snow was on the ground I faceplanted and sprained my thumb. 

Topazora

Topazora

I can only do 2 miles on the treadmill, and that's because it makes me do it.  I'm still working up to it though :P maybe if I actually tried it outside.

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Running on the beach was a good start for me. No car exhaust, and the sand feels much better than concrete. People underestimate how much fatigue pavement causes.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

If you want to transition your run time from a treadmill to outside run with an incline of 1 on the treadmill.  It helps simulate slight rises in the ground and wind that you won't get on the treadmill.

RobThom

RobThom

Ya have to watch your intake.
If your trying to put down weight.

Breads and meats have to be worked off almost as soon as you eat them.

Stick to veggies with salt and butter on them if possible.

Until you get you exercise up and running.

Topazora

Topazora

actually, meat takes a while to digest, that's why its preferred when it comes to weight loss, because you stay full longer.  Bread on the other hand, being a carb, is something you need to burn off pretty quickly.  It was meant to be turbo boost.
Veggies are meant to be a side dish to your meals, because they are so low in calories.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on May 08, 2014, 02:12:49 AM
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303678404579533760760481486?mod=trending_now_1

http://lifehacker.com/why-theres-so-much-confusion-over-nutrition-and-fitness-1572870867/+charliejane

Good articles, especially the second one. I think that one important thing to remember when it comes to dieting is that different people require different types of diet. What works for Xeno Killer 2179 isn't necessarily going to work for Topazora.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed