"Hey, I thought you were dead? Yeah I get that a lot."

Started by LastSurvivor92, Feb 27, 2014, 03:25:04 PM

Author
"Hey, I thought you were dead? Yeah I get that a lot." (Read 23,578 times)

Lonely Universe

That CGI was bad even when I was a kid. I left the theater with a clear idea that the series had gone off the rails. I was a child & I knew. I knew at Alien 3 when I was 11.

Prometheus & A:C aren't perfect but they are gold compared to 3 & 4, & unobtainium compared to the AvP flix.

Alien 'Resurrection' is the third worst Alien movie & the first to embarrass me for being a fan.

Scorpio

Probably because people were expecting another Aliens, but instead got a sequel to The City of Lost Children.  Especially considering it had marines in it, queen, multiple aliens, and big budget with an action-packed trailer.  Many people were fooled into thinking it would be another Aliens.

Samhain13

Quote from: Chronicle on Jul 08, 2017, 11:51:50 AM
If I'm not mistaken doesn't a Newborn in the comics wipe-out an ENTIRE species of Predator?

Newborn vs Predators? When did that ever happen?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Samhain13 on Jul 09, 2017, 04:24:44 PM
If I'm not mistaken doesn't a Newborn in the comics wipe-out an ENTIRE species of Predator?

It didn't. The Newborn never appears again outside of Resurrection material. I have no idea what Chronicle is thinking of.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 10, 2017, 08:52:52 AM

It didn't. The Newborn never appears again outside of Resurrection material. I have no idea what Chronicle is thinking of.

Oh I see, I looked at the comics that I have on my computer and truly The Newborn only shows up in the comic adaptation of Alien: Resurrection.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 10, 2017, 08:52:52 AM

I think Newborn vs. Jar Jar Binks would be a more appropriate crossover.

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: SM on Jul 09, 2017, 02:28:33 AM
I want it to be a beer, but since that's unlikely I'll assume it's bollocks.

A beer and a joint sound quite nice right now  8)

Scorpio

People don't like the Newborn because it wasn't part of any action scene.  People wanted an epic fight scene like Ripley in the Power Loader vs the Queen.  But there was no fight.  Ripley simply tricked the Newborn, and it was sucked out into space.

I think if there was a big fight scene with the Newborn at the end of Alien Resurrection, it would receive a lot more praise.

Rankles75

Think people also didn't like it because it looked like shit?

Scorpio

Of course.  If people don't like the scenes, they'll add other criticisms. 

426Buddy

It didnt matter what scene the newborn was put into, it was just a terrible and goofy looking design.

Scorpio

If they were to try and make it look 'cooler than the Queen or the original alien' it would just be called a cheap knock-off.

So they went totally left field with it.  I bolder choice than just trying to copy something that was successful in the past.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed