"Hey, I thought you were dead? Yeah I get that a lot."

Started by LastSurvivor92, Feb 27, 2014, 03:25:04 PM

Author
"Hey, I thought you were dead? Yeah I get that a lot." (Read 23,595 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

It's a lot, people. Not alot. A lot.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Omegamorph on Feb 18, 2017, 05:42:43 PM
It's a lot, people. Not alot. A lot.

Now you just need to scour the forums and correct every could of, would of and should of.  :)

Scorpio

It's like fighting a losing battle.

oberonqa

oberonqa

Quote from: Scorpio on Feb 15, 2017, 10:29:42 AM
Alien Resurrection is the epilogue to the Alien series (Prometheus being the prologue).  Those two films bookend the whole saga, chronologically.

Well that certainly is a sobering thought.  I don't mind Prometheus being the start of the series... but my heart dies a little every time I think of Alien: Resurrection being the ending of the series.

StrangeShape

Quote from: redalert51 on Feb 02, 2015, 06:03:56 AM
:)I loved " Alien Resurrection" , Like most films , the critics seem to get first crack at a movie before it is released , and sadly audiences
prejudice.     

I had no prejudice going into the theater to see it, I thought its going to be the scariest and best of them all. SADLY, it went against everything I loved in the first 3 Alien movies, completely discarding ALL that I liked most about the series (alien to Alien 3)

Scorpio

Quote from: StrangeShape on Feb 21, 2017, 10:53:34 PM
Quote from: redalert51 on Feb 02, 2015, 06:03:56 AM
:)I loved " Alien Resurrection" , Like most films , the critics seem to get first crack at a movie before it is released , and sadly audiences
prejudice.     

I had no prejudice going into the theater to see it, I thought its going to be the scariest and best of them all. SADLY, it went against everything I loved in the first 3 Alien movies, completely discarding ALL that I liked most about the series (alien to Alien 3)

I liked that it did something different.  Seems all people want is endless rehashes of Aliens.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Scorpio on Feb 21, 2017, 11:22:33 PM
I liked that it did something different.  Seems all people want is endless rehashes of Aliens.

AR was a rehash of Aliens.  It was simply a bad one.  Alien 3 was the "different" one, but I still don't understand why Fox decided that it had to be an art film.

I'd have been perfectly happy with the Gibson 2.0 script directed by someone like Tony Scott.

SM

How did Resurrection rehash Aliens?  'Cos it had big guns?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Big guns, mutiple aliens, a queen and cartoon characters.  I should of liked it.  :(

SM

Leaving out the story, structure, and tone being completely unlike Aliens - yes, you should of liked it.

Local Trouble

Well yeah, I meant it was like Aliens in a superficial, formulaic way.  I probably would of liked it if it was more like Aliens in story, structure and tone.  :)

Scorpio

Aliens is an action movie, A:R isn't.  A:R has only one action sequence (the underwater scene).  There are no fights with giant monsters or marines mowing down hordes of aliens.  The marines in A:R are pretty inconsequential.  In fact, one alien seems more of a threat in A:R than dozens of them in Aliens.

SM

Probably because they're in space with tasers.

Local Trouble

The aliens should be more threatening in space.  However, yet another problem with AR is how little their blood mattered on the Auriga.

Scorpio

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 22, 2017, 12:31:56 AM
The aliens should be more threatening in space.  However, yet another problem with AR is how little their blood mattered on the Auriga.

Did you miss the line "Don't shoot it's in front of the hull" ??

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed