ALIEN: The Archive (Mark Salisbury, September 2, 2014)

Started by Cvalda, Feb 20, 2014, 04:31:51 PM

Author
ALIEN: The Archive (Mark Salisbury, September 2, 2014) (Read 48,489 times)

LarsVader

Quote from: wgfkas on Oct 28, 2014, 08:06:51 AM
Thats funny, the box under Ash's head is from a Dutch company in my home town. Wonder what the connection is...

www.ksdental.nl

Alginate for the head cast, I'd guess.

DemonicD13

Just flipping through and noticed that in my copy on page 261 has an out of place picture of an Alien 3 dog catcher. Anyone else notice this?

Anyway this book is simple stunning, the pictures and artwork are gorgeous. I don't have the time to sit down and read it right now but from the looks of it it will be a fascinating read.

RidgeTop

Book seems great so far, lots of images I've never seen. Pretty glaring error about the patches though on page 39. Whoever wrote the text there seems to think the patches for Aliens were unused designs from the first film.

SM

Military patches were supposedly unused from the first film?

RidgeTop

They were not. Those patches are designs from "Aliens," not "Alien." USCM was never even concept until Aliens. This should have been obvious to whoever was writing the book. It seems that Mark Salisbury only did the interviews.

SM

That's an editorial error.

Odd claim though.  It's not like it's just a misprint.

Local Trouble

I want that book, not excuses.

Corporal Hicks

Still awaiting my copy in the post.

HuDaFuK

It's not out in the UK until next week, so still waiting for mine.

robbritton

It's on the shelves today in Forbidden Planet London, so it seems some places have it early.

wgfkas

wgfkas

Quote from: LarsVader on Oct 28, 2014, 06:26:10 PM
Quote from: wgfkas on Oct 28, 2014, 08:06:51 AM
Thats funny, the box under Ash's head is from a Dutch company in my home town. Wonder what the connection is...

www.ksdental.nl

Alginate for the head cast, I'd guess.

Yes, this stuff to be exact:
www.cavex.nl/en/products/productcategory/13/sub-14/product-17

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Bought a copy of the book today, it's available in central London in Forbidden Planet and the Cinema Store. It's a very nice coffee table book.

Wel, quite honestly it's not the ultimate guide, it's a book filled with nice images but not the last words on the movies and as we have seen, there are some misplaced things.

Elmazalman

Saw this at Dymocks,a large book profusely illustrated with images-mostly from the photo archives available on Blu Ray,with some new stuff added-bit of a let-down.At least they did dedicate the book to HR Giger.

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Elmazalman on Oct 30, 2014, 09:18:34 PM
Saw this at Dymocks,a large book profusely illustrated with images-mostly from the photo archives available on Blu Ray,with some new stuff added-bit of a let-down.At least they did dedicate the book to HR Giger.

Yes, it seem like a pity as much as that

drsmuts

Got mine from Amazon today....£22 so can't grumble about that.

More impressed than I was with the Vault, I didn't expect a load of unseen Alien 79 photos as the book of Alien, the special effects guide, etc are pretty packed to the gills with photos.

For £22, no qualms at all about recommending it. It's nice and chunky and I'm sure that there's stuff in there you haven't seen before.

(I also ordered Harry Potter from Page to screen as part of the order which also came today....now that is a monster! glorious making of book!)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed