A Song of Ice and Fire

Started by Shasvre, Feb 02, 2014, 05:06:18 PM

Author
A Song of Ice and Fire (Read 32,878 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Oct 16, 2014, 04:19:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6wf-AreLtU
I can't wait to get my hands on this. I'm definitely one of those people who love go explore the history of any fictional world I get involved in. I remember being a nut for Middle-Earth history (and beyond) when reading Tolkien's work and with Westeros (and beyond), it's even more so. ;D

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I feel the same way. And it's coming at a perfect time for me, as I'm rereading the books and picking up on all the little historical details I missed the first time around. This should help give more context on those events and put a whole bunch more on the table.

And I believe the Dunk and Egg collection is still slated for a summer release as well, and like TWoIaF that's supposed to be chock full of artwork as well. ;D

Found a review of TWoIaF on Reddit. :) Really dying to get my hands on this!

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/2jc7u5/spoilers_all_advance_review_the_world_of_ice_and/

Elio and Linda are going to be doing a Reddit AMA on October 27th, the day before TWoIaF releases, answering ten questions about the book. :)

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/2jg6az/spoilers_all_announcing_an_aama_with_world_of_ice/

Also, apparently some Target stores have the book on the shelves and are already selling it.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

My copy of TWoIaF just arrived! ;D

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Oct 30, 2014, 03:59:33 PM
My copy of TWoIaF just arrived! ;D

Damn you! :D

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

If you're curious about what's in the book, here's the table of contents :) Might make your wait harder, though :P

Spoiler

[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

I can't wait to read through that. ;D

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I have a copy that I was going to give to my mom for Christmas.

But I am tempted to read it myself. 

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Read another Theon chapter during my ACoK reread yesterday... The Iron Islands stuff is definitely among my favorite parts of the series (even I'd this chapter happened to be 50 Shades of Greyjoy :P ). Can't get enough of it.

I hope the Iron Islands get good coverage in TWoIaF. I'm about to start reading about the Targaryen kings post-Aegon's Conquest.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Let's hope they get some coverage at all in the show as well. :P

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 13, 2014, 09:41:39 PMThe Iron Islands stuff is definitely among my favorite parts of the series (even I'd this chapter happened to be 50 Shades of Greyjoy :P )

Which chapter was that? :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

The one where Asha meets up with him using a false identity. :D

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Martin makes mention that he's still in the middle of TWoW, and talks about some other things:

http://mashable.com/2014/11/16/george-rr-martin-charity-event/

Sozin

Sozin

So I was flipping through The World of Ice & Fire and came across the Casterly Rock section. I always imagined it as a pretty regular castle, but it's nothing of the sort. More like a mountain. It's said to be three times the height of the Wall. Apparently not even dragonfire would do much damage on it. Pretty impressive stuff. I wonder how the hell Robb was planning to take it in the show. :D

Here's the art work from the book.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Whoa, nice. Haven't gotten to that point yet in the book, but that's not at all what I had in my head.

Sozin

Sozin

There's a certain lion shape to it as well. Just look at the "paws" near the water.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Maybe there was a head at one point?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed