A Song of Ice and Fire

Started by Shasvre, Feb 02, 2014, 05:06:18 PM

Author
A Song of Ice and Fire (Read 32,831 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

She likes them all but I just don't want to drive back and forth with the anthologys between Hoptown and Lexington.  Maybe when I have an extended visit to hoptown in the summer or something.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Ahh, fair enough.

They actually compiled all three Dunk and Egg stories into one book called A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms in a few countries, but it's not coming out in America and most other places until August of next year :-\

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Might just pay for it again and get it for kindle then.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Martin actually just published an update on his blog about the Dunk & Egg compilation coming out next year.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/365715.html

Definitely going to be a must-buy. Can't wait for all that artwork that's going to accompany it.

Excerpt from the upcoming The World of Ice and Fire:

Just gave it a read and loved it. Cannot wait for the full book to come out.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Read that the other day as well. Very thrilling. :)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Now you just need to get on The Princess and the Queen :P

Shasvre

Shasvre

Soon enough. :D

Speaking of Targaryens, here's a piece of fan art of Visenya.

Check out the gallery for lots of other pieces as well.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Wow, that's great. I'm a really big fan of the Arianne and Asha ones in particular. While reading AFfC they became some of my favorite characters.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Yeah. While I don't exactly mind Yara in the show, I feel they didn't exactly hit the nail with that casting. The Ironborn on a whole comes of as pretty dull and washed out in the show, but not so in the novels.

Speaking of Arianne, this is the picture Martin himself mentioned as the one being the closest to what he had in mind when picturing her.

Spoiler
[close]

I really hope they don't skip out on Dorne in the show. I am re-reading A Feast for Crows at the moment and I'm really enjoying those chapters.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Yup, that's definitely a good one of Arianne. I'd be extremely disappointed if they skip out on Dorne in the show.

As far as your comment about the Ironborn, I somewhat agree, although I did kind of feel the same way when reading ACoK as well. It wasn't until AFfC that I became truly interested in them. So hopefully the show doesn't skimp out on them either. Although I'm already worried that we may miss the Kingsmoot, since Yara already has plans to go rescue Theon. I don't remember anything like that happening in the book.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Some people speculate that if Victarion and Euron show up, they might merge the two into one character. Which I could be okay with, I guess. If they went with the fans wishes and cast Mads Mikkelsen in the role, even more so. ;D

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Would be kind of odd combining them, considering how much they hate each other, but for the show I actually think it could work :D And Mikkelsen would indeed be a great choice.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Reading Dangerous Women now... ;)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Yusss.

Now if only Legends would hurry up and arrive at my library so I could read "The Hedge Knight" :D

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I hope they don't combine characters.  I already miss some characters from the book.  Ser Balon Swann.  Arys Oakheart (though he should be on later this season or the next), Loras Tyrells brother (forget his name Ser Gareth).  Some others I'm now forgetting.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed