Up Close Pictures of the new Giger Alien (Neca)

Started by StayFrosty, Jan 25, 2014, 07:37:06 AM

Author
Up Close Pictures of the new Giger Alien (Neca) (Read 5,529 times)

StayFrosty

StayFrosty

What do you rate it?

I have to say that while I disagree a little bit with the amount of white tint they put on the dome, this is without a doubt the best Giger Alien replica available today.

I have about 10 more pics to upload but it wouldn't let me. 4 at a time.

Looks like I will be able to upload 4 more pics each time I get a reply. I will try again then.

WickerMan

Wow, the dome is perfect! Very awesomely foggy, I'm definitely going to pick one of these up.

StayFrosty

Keep the comments coming for more pics...

Vark_

I was waiting for some pics before ordering (or not), thanks for sharing !

Looks like the dome is far more white / foggy than the official pictures Neca submitted. Sculpt looks awesome, but the contrast between the dome and the rest of the black body is, according to me, too great. The foggy thing is not a problem, I kinda like it actually, but the white color, well... I'm not really keen on.

StayFrosty

I also have another new Giger Alien MOC which I'll open later today, and its dome is also like that. So looks like it isn't just me on this one figure.

It takes some getting used to but isn't that bad.

Thanks for commenting.... here are the rest of the pics. Here I tried to get the Alien to do the crab-walk from a deleted scene.

Shadow

it does indeed look great. i'm glad NECA re-made the giger alien, will surely pick this one up

Mr. Domino

I'm mildly disappointed that the "skull" still looks like it was drawn-on with ballpoint pen, instead of the nicely sculpted interior we got with the otherwise terrible McF Big Chap, but other than that, it looks good.

MrSpaceJockey

Based on a review I watched, I'm pretty sure the skull details are sculpted (with black paint over them make it more noticeable) - I'm sure StayFrosty can confirm.

The white dome is a bit off-putting for me, personally.  :-\

StayFrosty

StayFrosty

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jan 26, 2014, 09:16:14 PM
Based on a review I watched, I'm pretty sure the skull details are sculpted (with black paint over them make it more noticeable) - I'm sure StayFrosty can confirm.

The white dome is a bit off-putting for me, personally.  :-\

It's hard to tell. It looks like they may be sculpted, but still it's quite poor detail. Doesn't look half-bad at the same time though.

Still a great figure even though the dome is so white that it covers up most of the detailing underneath.

This figure still beats Neca's old Giger alien by far, as well as McFarlane's, and I'd have to say any other sculpts I've seen from other companies, including ones that probably charged $300 a piece.

One thing to remember is that in the movie, the dome was apparently drawn on simply with a felt or something similar. I remember another member here providing proof for this.

Elmazalman

The details on the skull surface were airbrushed by Giger.

TITANOSAUR

Quote from: Elmazalman on Feb 21, 2014, 10:43:33 PM
The details on the skull surface were airbrushed by Giger.

....you guys know what I'll say on this.

I'm guessing they figured the best way to ensure the details are added was to sculpt the skull completely. and realy I actualy like it better this way.

*cough*not drawn in by a sharpie*Cough!*

Zenstoren

Maybe I'm missing the point but what's the big deal? It's very nice and all, but it looks almost identical to my 9'' NECA Big Chap figure.

TITANOSAUR

Quote from: Zenstoren on Feb 28, 2014, 03:16:23 PM
Maybe I'm missing the point but what's the big deal? It's very nice and all, but it looks almost identical to my 9'' NECA Big Chap figure.

the newer figure is alot better and has more articulation for one.

Zenstoren

Will it be going for the same sort of price as the usual NECA figures, do you know?

TITANOSAUR

Quote from: Zenstoren on Feb 28, 2014, 06:34:06 PM
Will it be going for the same sort of price as the usual NECA figures, do you know?

yeah, the 18 to 20 dollar price tag as usual. plus shipping if you buy online.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed