HD Alien: Isolation Screenshots Released

Started by ikarop, Jan 20, 2014, 02:32:37 PM

Author
HD Alien: Isolation Screenshots Released (Read 31,933 times)

SM

Alright that's a bit over the top.  Mind you, that pic looks like it could be a different model.  Chin looks more prominent.

Not sure what you mean by slender and thinner though.

Comparing this to the shot just before Ripley opens the hatch, the only different I can see is the chin should be a teeny bit more narrow than the bottom row of teeth.

But that's really picking at the nits.

SiL

It's more noticeable in the profile shots.

SM

"Open wide" aside, I'm still not noticing anything in the profiles.   :-\

SiL

If you could see my avatar and could compare it to the first image in this thread, you'd see it. It's not particularly subtle.

SM

If I remember you avatar, I think I can find similar shots online (pretty sure I have still 8"x10" photo of it at home somewhere).  Still can't see it.

Xhan

Xhan

The original is far more tapered and angular relative to the slop of the head from both sides and front and has no lower jaw bulge and only opens as big as it needs to.

The new one has a brock samson jaw and is angled to be deformed enough to stick an entire head in it, placing the "hinge" of the jaw much further back like a dinosaur. The part that actually flexes open is almost tripled in size.

The tan tendons aren't helping either. LOOK GUYS WE SUBTLY HIGHLIGHTED THE DANGEROUS PART SO YOU'RE CONSTANTLY AWARE HOW DANGEROUS IT IS CAUSE IT'S TOTALLY DANGEROUS.

I'd hazard folks are simply tired of the ridiculous level of not even trying to imply telegraphy from the SEGA catalog when none of it is in any way necessary.

Layorz

If there were ever a nit to be picked....

SM

I guessed I ODed on nitpicking on A:CM so much that I'm beyond caring.

Vrastal

lol there is no pleasing you people.

Snark

Quote from: SM on Jan 20, 2014, 11:10:36 PM

Comparing this to the shot just before Ripley opens the hatch, the only different I can see is the chin should be a teeny bit more narrow than the bottom row of teeth.

But that's really picking at the nits.

Here's the screen shot from the movie just to compare.

locusta

Itś actually easy to eyeball the right proportions. First, don´t take the Rambaldi head as reference.

Than understand Giger`s design, and how human like it is in fact. The underneath dome skull gives already a good sense of that.

Giger never intended to make it such a goovy monster look and he was never happy with Rambaldi´s alteration of the head, forced by technical restrictions and material in that time.

All Giger creatures have almost female and in any cases human sized mouth and dentition.

That IS the horror of it!

reecebomb

Quote from: SiL on Jan 20, 2014, 11:01:41 PM
Not "completely" in that they're still jaw shaped, I guess. But the movie jaw is slender, thinner and less angular.

As for jaw drop,

That chin does look a bit off, also the saliva seems totally absent at this point.

ikarop

ikarop

The more humanlike the design is, the more disturbing I find it. It's hard for me to understand why the "man in a suit" approach wouldn't be scary or disturbing if the animation is pulled off correctly.

These stances here are similar, if you don't look too close you can't even tell the leg design on the second one. Yet I find Locusta's to be as disturbing.

Xhan

Xhan

Pretty much. It's all about animations and presentation.

SEGA's catalog is 100% devoid of any other connotation than "strange shaped space dog", and while that MIGHT have been an issue with the games the previous go round (actually it isn't, I was able to make some pretty disturbing and smoothly elegant animations in AvP2 1PP weapons, and while they don't translate as well to the 3pp animations of "scratchy bitchslap" which unfortunately have to be timing locked and synced with damage impulses or you get double tripling and even quadrupling of damage ratios) it shouldn't be this gen, or even frankly last gen. When a hamfisted EA retelling of Dante's Inferno carries more connotation, something has clearly been defenestrated.

Any "borne of" or "born to" or frankly ANY kind of body horror or sexual connotation has been completely stripped out of the Alien, when the technology is pretty much perfectly in position to replicate it.

For people claiming to "totally get" the franchise down the Nth detail, it has yet to appear like they actually do.

Canon_Barbarian

Don't like legs.
Don't like jaw. With widely open jaw CA alien reminds me ADI's alien
Don't like skin texture. To blurry and meaty. Maybe it is just depth of field effect, but...

Don't know why devs always try to change alien designs.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed