Alien - Out of the Shadows Preview

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 18, 2014, 08:00:29 PM

Author
Alien - Out of the Shadows Preview (Read 10,469 times)

Corporal Hicks

The good folks over at Titan Books have kindly provided AvPGalaxy with a preview of Tim Lebbon’s Alien – Out of the Shadows, due out Monday the 20th:

“Several warning sirens blasted their individual songs—proximity alert; damage indicator; hull breach. People shouted in panic, confusion, and fear. And behind it all was a deep, rumbling roar from the ship itself. The Marion was in pain, and its vast bulk was grinding itself apart.

Lucy and Cornell, Hoop thought from his position on the floor. But whether they were alive or dead didn't change anything right now. He was senior officer on the bridge. As scared and shocked as all of them, but he had to take charge.”

Be sure to check out the entire preview. For those interested in purchasing in the book you can find Alien – Out of the Shadow on Amazon (or your respective one). We will also be giving away copies of the novel very soon and keep an eye out for our review!

Quarax

Quarax

I thought the book was going to be released the 28th.

gyro

gyro

Look forward to this  ;D

Vrastal

so this is a separate story from alien?

Xenomorphine

Well, yeah... It was never an attempt to re-tell the original movie's story, if that's what you thought? There's already a novelisation for that.

SM

SM

Kinda meh on the preview.

The big deal on this book is that Ripley's in it and that she's woken on the way back to Earth and there's somehow an Alien in it.

And we get a preview of a collision in space?  They couldn't even hint at Ripley or the Alien?

Vrastal

so it entirely neglects aliens? or is it like a dream or something?

Xenoscream

Bit of a pointless preview to be honest, I'd value some reviews a lot more.

TheBATMAN

I have the book. Early days but interesting so far without being spectacular. Action takes place on LV-178 which has a mining operation on the surface and an orbiting ship above. Writing style nothing spectacular but characters are fine so far.

Takes place 37 years after Alien. I'll do a spoiler-tagged breakdown soon.

SM

SM

Quote from: Nazrel on Jan 20, 2014, 06:39:24 AM

No.  There's an Alien in there somewhere....

Ultramorph

Quote from: Xenoscream on Jan 20, 2014, 08:15:38 PM

The "game over" reference made me cringe. I still have hope, though. Mostly boring preview.

TheBATMAN

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jan 20, 2014, 10:22:31 PM
Quote from: Xenoscream on Jan 20, 2014, 08:15:38 PM

The "game over" reference made me cringe. I still have hope, though. Mostly boring preview.

If you like that, you're gonna love this...

At one point Ripley says to Hoop: "Now all we need a deck of cards..."

Ultramorph

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Jan 20, 2014, 11:42:32 PM
At one point Ripley says to Hoop: "Now all we need a deck of cards..."

The fanwank is strong in this one.

TheBATMAN

Hoop is essentially Hicks in this book. They use plasma cutters as weapons against the aliens and there is a scene lifted straight from Aliens where he shows her how to use it. She even says "Show me. I can handle myself."

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: Nazrel on Jan 20, 2014, 06:39:24 AM

It takes place in between the first 2 films.  Apparently Ripley didn't spend all the 57 years between Alien and Aliens asleep.

And apparently she saw an alien once.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed