Alien: Isolation Officially Announced - Trailer & Preview Thread

Started by ikarop, Jan 07, 2014, 05:22:31 PM

Author
Alien: Isolation Officially Announced - Trailer & Preview Thread (Read 97,478 times)

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: XBOX Achievements InterviewA handful of guys, put together a little demo, which took about four weeks to make and another couple of weeks to polish, which was kind of a tech demo and mood piece, where we tried to explore what it would be like to walk around the environment, the medical lab.

Quote from: AvPGalaxy, March 2013Sources close to the studio have revealed to us that a demo of an early prototype was based around recreating the feel of the medical bay aboard the Nostromo and lasted for about a minute.
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2013/03/02/first-look-at-creative-assemblys-alien-game/

;D

Xhan

QuoteAnother key element to increase immersion is the use of distinct sounds from the alien to display certain behaviours. A large roar will signal an imminent attack, while an alert sound will communicate to the player their footsteps are being heard.

"It is this sort of telegraphing and reaction to the player that has been core to the alien design. With no HUD or prompts telling you if he has seen you, it all has to be in world and from the creature itself," explains Hope.

or, ya know, you could be subtle and let the player come to learn based on behavioral changes based in the animation set and AI state machine itself whats's going on instead of holding their hand all the way through with giant telegraph pantomimes.

But ya gotta make those first day sales, so you can get those QE reports all in a row, and get all the hype from youtubes from people already exploiting the AI to drive up Q index so your marketing looks like they actually earned their money, which is likely more than the actual devs got payed.

I mean saturation and social-marketing worked out so well for the other two titles, right?

right?

gabgrave

You might be over reacting a little, since they meant behavioral audio cues, not pop up prompts. And another article mentioned the Alien doing different movements and having different body postures as well, so your visual cues are there as well. Then again, if you can see the enemy, the enemy can see you, so visual cues are rather dangerous to rely on...

Xhan

Quote from: gabgrave on Jan 28, 2014, 10:53:41 AM
You might be over reacting a little, since they meant behavioral audio cues, not pop up prompts. And another article mentioned the Alien doing different movements and having different body postures as well, so your visual cues are there as well. Then again, if you can see the enemy, the enemy can see you, so visual cues are rather dangerous to rely on...

Seeing as I've already worked out three different telegraphed behavior modes from the teaser trailer, I doubt it.

Glaive

Slight niggle...

Is anyone else slightly weirded-out that Amanda is gonna probably be referred to as 'Ripley' throughout the course of this game?

I KNOW it's her surname and all, but just hearing it in those videos struck me as...weird...

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Interesting that they changed the face for that one...though to be honest her neck looks too long on the rendition.  Also neither really look like the first render we saw for A. Ripley, but maybe that's just me.

Seegson

Its the first time since "Alien3" (megadrive, SN...in the 90") that the main character is referred as "Ripley" ...its not a problem for me

ikarop

Interview with GamesMaster:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed