ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages)

Started by Cvalda, Nov 23, 2013, 05:33:45 AM

Author
ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages) (Read 387,112 times)

waltergolicsgirl

Hey, I've been lurking in this forum for a while and saw this on Amazon (US) today and thought I'd share. Looks like there might be a regular edition after all?
I'm crossing my fingers at least!
http://www.amazon.com/Alien-Weyland-S-D-Perry/dp/1608878333/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1453390336&sr=8-1&keywords=weyland+yutani+report

Corporal Hicks

Hi Golic's Girl. Welcome to the board!

They are certainly doing a standard edition! We're quite happy about that! Have you ordered a copy?

waltergolicsgirl

Thanks for the welcome!
I'm always a bit late on the news I guess. But I haven't ordered yet (money's still a bit tight after the holidays) I'm definitely ordering a copy soon though :D

felix

Are there any differences from the Standard and Collector's Editions?

SM

Standard version may not have some/ all the inserts. I don't imagine it'll have Burke's plastic business card for instance. The others- not sure.

felix

I understand. it would be nice to know what exactly will we be getting.

Corporal Hicks

I'm sure we will closer to the time.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: felix on Jan 24, 2016, 01:51:53 PMAre there any differences from the Standard and Collector's Editions?

As I mentioned previously, the Spanish standard version misses out most of the insert items - it has four or five whereas the collector's edition has more like fifteen or twenty. I imagine the English edition will be the same.

Otherwise the actual contents of the book seems to be identical. SM mentioned the new edition will probably correct some of the mistakes in the original.

felix

I am interested in that Alien 3 survivor story insert. Hopefully it'll be in the Standard Edition.

HuDaFuK

It was in the Spanish edition :)

waltergolicsgirl

Ooo yes! I was hoping to read the excerpt from Space Beast too! Glad to hear there's a chance it will be included!

redalert51

:) Simply put , it is " Beautifully Bound " The sculpted "Alien Jaws with forehead
  on the binder is well done. The Book it self is of highest quality , it has so
fun information on the film including " Prometheus" , I realise "AvPGalaxy
did review and podcast ,All I can say grab it before it goes .. 

This is more of this book. The way they are floundering around with the
sequels or prequels , and cancelling Alien 5, or indefinite hold , Books and
other media , keeps fans going..         

windebieste

It does appear that the quality of  merchandising of the movies is overtaking the movies themselves.

I haven't read any of the recent novels or comics; but the action figures we are seeing released are getting better all the time. 'ALIEN: Isolation' itself was a revelation on how media other than the movies is right up on the top shelf along with anything any other video game has to offer.

As to the 'The Weyland Yutani' book itself, I'm looking for its eventual release later this year. September, if I recall correctly. I don't mind if it's missing the sculpted cover and all the other inclusions, which are all well and good in their own right, I'm just happy that the publisher recognises that not everyone wants to spend hundreds of dollars on a collector's item. That the same book will sell for around $40 is going to be well received and be affordable.  I'm all for that.  I'll be getting one of those.

Mind you, Scott had better deliver the goods with 'ALIEN: Covenant'.  'Prometheus' had promise but was lack luster despite its flashy presentation. 

At the end of the day, in terms of cinema releases, 'ALIEN' needs a good kick in the pants and to stop dragging its tail.

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

I got a notification from Amazon yesterday saying it had been pushed back to October.

predxeno

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed